NixBoy1185 is offline New Member

Question how much is too much??questions that need answers

OVERtraining??
    my goal is too BULK I just wanted to know if what i was doing was slowing progress or overtraining------>
    on bi's and tri's day I do 6 different excercises for bi's and six for tri's 4 sets 8-12 reps?? too much
    chest day I do 6-7 different excercises 4 sets 8-12 reps, same for shoulders and back all done slow as possible and rotate 3 excercises of bi's and tri's everytime, example' back and bi's, shoulders and tri's, any criticism and advice is appreciated!

162 lbs
    5'11

>BOSTON<

PurplePatriot is offline Associate Member
    I would say too much yes. Do heavier weights, if you can do more than 10 reps then you dont have on enough weight. Try 8-10 and if the veins on your forehead arent on the verge of rupturing by rep number 9 TACK ON MORE WEIGHT. If your going to do 10 reps dont stop at number 10 because thats the number you picked you should be stopping at number 10 because thats all you can physically lift if your life depended on it. Doing this will blow you up. It also means you can do less sets, try going down to 3. As long as your killing yourself on each one like i said before. How many days a week are you working these body parts? Once a week is a perfect starting point. And i would say is more effective than going 2x a week in 75% of all cases. You need more rest than you think. <----- very important, You need more rest than you think. To get big you have to lift big and rest big. HEAVY weights low reps.

thanks patriot, i hit the gym mon wed fri and sat or sun depending on how much i was drinkin the night before--- basically goin eod but how many excercises would be too much is 6 for each muscle group efficient or just go till i cants go no more, and doing each rep slow is that key?? or how slow is needed 2 seconds pos and 2 seconds neg?

PurplePatriot is offline Associate Member
    I personally do about 3-4 exercises per muscle. example i did tris yesterday and did DB flat bench 3x8reps, incline BB 3x8, decline press on the machine 3x10, then a set of cable pull downs. Its more mental than anything its not really about how many excerises and sets you do its about training yourself to push the hell out of every single rep, you need to be dying on every one. With as absolute much weight as you can handle still being able to maintain form and not swinging weights around with your body. Doesnt take too long to know where your max lifts are for each excercise and getting yourself to push yourself as close as possible or above those numbers. Thats why having a gym buddy is going to help you out a lot. Good luck bro and get BIG!

Andorious is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePatriot
    I personally do about 3-4 exercises per muscle. example i did tris yesterday and did DB flat bench 3x8reps, incline BB 3x8, decline press on the machine 3x10, then a set of cable pull downs. Its more mental than anything its not really about how many excerises and sets you do its about training yourself to push the hell out of every single rep, you need to be dying on every one. With as absolute much weight as you can handle still being able to maintain form and not swinging weights around with your body. Doesnt take too long to know where your max lifts are for each excercise and getting yourself to push yourself as close as possible or above those numbers. Thats why having a gym buddy is going to help you out a lot. Good luck bro and get BIG!
    well said. i too do 3-4 exercises for a mucsle group. 3-4 sets each. 6 exercises at 4 sets each for bi's and tri's is far too much IMO

mrmagoo82 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePatriot
    Well Put

thanks for the advice guys, ill be readjusting my routine

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    totally agree with purplepatriot

Thread Information