samoth is offline Member

Increasing arm size?

Ok... compared to the rest of my body, my arms, specifically biceps, seem lacking. I am looking for suggestions as to how to get the little fuckers to grow. Next cycle, I will be implementing site injections (Winny 50mg in one arm each day, alternating, for 4-6 weeks). I will also be on 600mg cyp and 400mg EQ per week. Should I try to totally obliterate them during cycle, like work bicepts 3x per week? Only disadvantage I have is an inability to totally supinate my wrists, so exercises like single arm curls are not an option (when I do them they kinda look like half ass hammer curls). I have always hit bis and tris once/week, but can never sustain a pump or any soreness past one day (unlike legs I can annihilate for an entire week!) So any suggestions or thoughts? And no, dont say synthol

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

it's weird

studies say you need to put on 10lbs to gain an 1" on your arms, but that contradicts my personal experience.my arms are about 4" smaller than my friend w/ the biggest arms out of all my friends.his are 24", but he's a fat kid,hahaha so in actuality his arms are much smaller if you strip away all that fat!hahaIMO the measurement of your arms means shit unless every ounce of fat is stripped off.sumo guys prob have huge measurements and look at theor physiques.it's like a fat guys saying i have 22" arms, well yeah, but you have a fuckign fat 40" waist too!

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    lol for real whorebag....Measurements are actually bogus if you're just trying to increase arm size. Because 2/3 of your muscle is tricep. So people can have HUGE biceps, but be stuck at 16 or 17" because they have no tris...

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I have a problem increasing arm size as well I have good defintion and shape with no fat on arms at all but the little buggers never grow.My biceps are very long and I think that is the reason why they never look bulky

MarkyMark is offline Member
    With the dozens I have trained I will just add to the great advice already posted .....

Focus On those excercises that give your bis a PUMP .... If you dont feel the Bicep contracting your wasting your time ... Now if you have LAZY biceps that rarely feel the excercise then try this precurser ....

Start with a cable straight bar , get at a stance comfortable that allows full range of motion and a light to moderate warm up weight .... try and do 100 reps .... this will engulf the bicep with blood ...hopefully giving a solid pump ... then proceed to curl bar or straight bar ....( use lighter weight than usual ..) The Lack of understanding of I MUST LIFT HEAVY TO GAIN ) is a myth ...and especially if your not feeling the muscle work ... Use higher reps and BURN THAT BICEP .....
    Try it B4 dismissing .....

Good Luck

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Addition to all this good info I recommend you start stretching and ranging your forearms and wrists. Supination is important. Try also to very your weights, reps and volume. Also training them 3 days per week may not be your best bet unless you can be assured that they'll recover. Finally you need to take a realistic view of your biceps...Do you have the muscle belly for the size. If you have a short bi, then you're not gonna get the size. Work for a balance with your tricep.

samoth is offline Member
    db101- I have a condition called "Madylungs (sp?) Deformity" where my bone plates grew funny... I will never be capable of voluntary full supination of my wrists (but I can force). But I like that idea of a 100 rep warm up... hehe... I'll try that tomorow

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Try one more movement.

Using an incline bench set at about 30 degrees...stand behind it with your right arm hanging over it and the left side your body turned in so that you can bring the dumbell up to your right shoulder. Eventhough you cannot supinate, turning your oposite shoulder in may get you a good pump. I like this type of single preacher curl and I can spot myself.

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Trying doing bi's and tri's together in the same workout.

Straight bar curls 3x8-10
    Skullcrushers 3x10-12
    45 deg curls 3x8-10
    weighted dips 3x10-12
    Cable Hammer curls w/rope 3x8-10
    press downs 3x 10-12

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Hey Samoth .... How did it work ? update us .....

GYM GURU is offline New Member
    Straight bar curls, alternating one arm curls, cable curls, concentration curls, tricep pushdowns, scull crushers,& close grip tricep presses. Do these exercises with moderate to heavy weigh until failure one week & change up the reps the next. Do this & your arms will grow like 5000.

samoth is offline Member
    Damn... did 40x2 sets for warmup, then right into BB curls.... THAT is what I call a pump!! Arms were sore for 3 days straight. I plan on using this for a while...

Abbaddon is offline New Member
    Try supersetting your bis and tris together I had a hell of a time getting my arms to grow and this seems to be the only way to do it for me that is. I do arms on shoulder day as I use heavy rows for shoulders and heavy db presses also this is a good first start for both your bis and tris. Then I focus on bis and do two or three full exercises with them starting with preacher curls, then head to triceps. My final exercise or two are supersetted between the two. Just a though for ya.

Thread Information