Pulled muscle in my jaw while doing squats/bench...?

this is weird and its never happened before, but a couple weeks ago i was doing squats and i pushed out my last rep and got an amazingly painful headache around the back of my neck area. a day or two later my right side muscle in my jaw felt like i had gotten hit the night before, just really sore like maybe i pulled a jaw muscle from straining? anyway i went back to the gym a week later and while doing flat bumbell bench it happened again but not until i get into heavy weights...like an instant head/neck pain and i felt like i couldnt even hold my head up. anyway right now its been over a week since the last time it happened and my jaw hurts like hell, just the right side muscle. i guess im wondering if any of you have had this happen before or if you have any suggestions...i cant wait to get back into the gym!!! thanks

bump?

timtim is offline Member
    i have had jaw pain and sounds similar. do you grind your teeth at night? you may not even know. go to the dentist and tell him. could be tmj. he'll fit you for a mouth guard. problem solved if its similar to my issue.

either way go to the dentist now. i have had bouts where the pain lasted 6 to 7 weeks STRAIGHT

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    never had this happen to me but if it dosent get better with ice ibprofrin and rest in a day or so get to your doctor forget what i just said just go to the doctor and get evaluated. you said its hard to even hold your head up , that doses not sound good too me.

no that was when it happened, right now i am fine as far as head movement and strength, its just that one side of my jaw hurts like its sore or like i got punched. ...what is tmj?

Thread Information