Thread: Need a Routine

jhnblckwood is offline New Member

Need a Routine

I am going to be joining a gym without a personall trainer and was hoping you bros could help me out with a routine. I am 6'1" and only 140lbs. so yea i am pretty skinny. Im looking to gain as much mass as possible. If you guys could help me with a weekly routine it'll be aprreciated. I just don't wanna walk into the gym and just start lifting without a set routine. I'll use this as an example:

Monday: Upper body (then maybe list the machines i should use)

Then help me fill in the rest of the week....Plus when trying to build mass, i know dieting is important i will be making a post in that section sometime soon, How do incorporate reps, do i wanna to 3 sets of 5, or 3 sets of 10 or w/e? Plus how do i know whats a good weight to start at? Should i be able to only complete one set with a particular weight and build myself up or what? I know this is alot but w/e help you bros could come up with will be aprreciated greatly, if not should i just go and get a personall trainer? Thanx again!!

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Hey bro - I think if you just read thru some of the training logs that are in this forum here - you will benefit greatly. I know Chest and Taiboxa has a training log going, as well as many others..

Best of luck bro, I know what its like to start at 6'1 140lbs

My pic

jhnblckwood is offline New Member
    Hey appreciate the reply, I will be looking threw those logs, i wasn't aware of them, and congrats on your gains, i hope to have the same results... I still have the question on how do i know whats the rite weight for me to start off with, maybe thats answered in the logs also, i guess i have a bunch of reading to do tonight...thanx again

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Well I cant really tell you what the right weight is. I will say the first few weeks, ease into it, dont try to be a powerlifter.

Afterwards, I prefer to stay in the 8-10 rep range, where the last rep is failure. You will have mixed opinions on this im sure.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Since your just starting out i would suggest a pyramid routine its simple and easy.

12-10-8 maybe 6
    or 10-8-6 (increasing the weight as you move up)

Thread Information