Thread: Inner Chest

bruinsball22 is offline New Member

Inner Chest

Hello All... I need some advice on what exercises i can do for inner chest. I have a dent in my chest due to a effect of a syndrome. Which makes it kind of to get a symmetrical chest. So if you guys have any advice to what builds up the inner chest to gain some clevage let me know

thanks.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    do you have pectus excavatum?

yeah man its some weird stuff. mines symetrical though like its not like going sideways into my chest

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    A closer grip on the barbell benchpress will work the inner pecs more.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor
    A closer grip on the barbell benchpress will work the inner pecs more.
    definitly, just make sure your elbows flair out, dont keep them close to your body or it will focus your tri's more. also really concentrate on your inner chest with a good peak contraction. flyes are also great for inner chest and overall pec development.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinsball22
    yeah man its some weird stuff. mines symetrical though like its not like going sideways into my chest
    i have pectus excavatum too! it sucks donkey balls

ha well thanks for the advice guys. and justinandrews7 i know how you feel brother. i used to be super skinny 6' 3" 160 pounds in high school with a dent in my chest. And i used to have very bad posture so people would call me dent man or old man cause i was skinny and always slumped over. shit sucks but now its to the point all those kids say something i'll pretty much mess there day up

hopefully the tst and tren will add some inner chest muscle while working out on them

stay gold is offline New Member
    cable flyes work great for inner chest. incline or decline is good too.

stay gold is offline New Member

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stay gold
    Champaignes. Take two dumbells, bring them together parallel, and press them, while flairing the elbows out. Much, much better for your wrists than close grip barbell.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreak101
    Champaignes. Take two dumbells, bring them together parallel, and press them, while flairing the elbows out. Much, much better for your wrists than close grip barbell.
    isnt that just a dumbbell press?

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    isnt that just a dumbbell press?
    No, he means the palms of your hands are facing each other and the dumbells are touching for the whole movement. I think that's what he means anyway.

Pac8541 is offline Associate Member
    Thats good, I'm gonna give that a shot too. The one thing I really hate about close grip bench is the discomfort and pain in my wrists. Good post Phreak.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac8541
    The one thing I really hate about close grip bench is the discomfort and pain in my wrists.
    I have the exact same problem. You may want to try using the EZ curl bar and a close grip on a decline bench (preferably the decline bench used for doing abs). You'll need someone there to lift the bar for you and also to take it out of hands once your finished because there is no rack to hold the ez curl bar. This seems to take the stress out of my wrists.

Pac8541 is offline Associate Member
    I'll try them both and see what works best, thanks. Hadn't thought of that option either...

duramaxedge is offline Senior Member
    I have pectus excavatum as well and it SUCKS!.. my chest has a nice dent in it.. and below my pecks my ribcage sorta bumps out .. so I definately know the feeling.. a couple things I do to help with this is .. lay backwords with shoulders on a flat bench, knees 90 degrees with a dumbell in hand.. stretch all the way past your head and down (bend elbows, similiar to skull crushers but go all the way basically to the floor and raise the dumbell back over your head and to your chest, then repeat.

also, I like taking dumbells on a flat bench and doing flys.. I think for this form is everything.. I use 50lb dumbells, keep elbows a little bent, go down wide to your sides to about the bench height and then act like your hugging a tree, and pinch that invisible peanut between your pecks..

just like I read above.. I was 6'4" in high school and about 160 lbs with HORRIBLE posture ( I still catch myself some times.. ) .. but now im around 205..

J

Thread Information