Thread: 5 days a week

Vicktor is offline New Member

5 days a week

Just looking to get some opinions on a workout that would go something like this:
    mon - chest/tri a
    tue - shoulders/legs a
    wed - back/biceps a
    thur - chest/tri b
    fri - shoulders/legs b
    sat - off
    sun - off
    mon - back/bicpes b
    tue - start again w/ chest/tri a

So basically my rest days would be the weekends, and the volume is low per each workout... Looking to get opinions on the rest, is it ok to work 5 days in a row if the volume is kept reasonably low. And for those who have tried something similar in the past, I'd like to hear how it worked for you.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    i wouldnt put shoulders the day after chest and you dont have near enough rest inbetween muscles. id tray and lift one muscle every 6 days

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Haro gave some good advice, in addition you would benefit more from a 4 day workout as this would give your body the time it needs to repair muscles. Over doing it and not allowing your muscles to repair will result in slower gains, wasted energy because you are working something not yet healed and increased potential for injury. Also try to split your rest days instead of working hard for 5 days straight and taking 2 off unless there is some reason why you cant workout on the weekends.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Deff overtraining.. I lift Every third day, I couldn't imagine going back to a Mon-Fri routine with my training.

Vicktor is offline New Member
    I scrapped this routine, tried it last week and got sick over the weekend. I don't know if it was from lifting or not but I started to get real slow/beatdown during the end of the week. I'm a stick w/ my old faithful of MWF for the next 8 weeks.

Thread Information