dedic8ed1 is offline Banned

Which of these would be more effective for burning fat?

I know all the tricks of burning fat like cardio in the morning on a empty stomach 60 to 70%of your MHR but I can only get to the gym once a day so I do my weight training and then abs then cardio daily but only doing abs every other day.
    Cardio is as follows
    3min walk at 3mph
    min4 I go to 4mph
    min5 I go to 5mph
    min6 I go to 6mph
    min7 I go to 7mph
    min8 I go to 8mph
    min9 I go to 9mph
    min10 I go down to 7
    min11 I go to 6mph
    min12 I go to 5mph
    min13 I go to 4mph
    min14 I go to 5mph
    min15 I go to 6mph
    min16 I go to 7mph
    min17 I go to 8mph
    min18 I go to 9mph
    min19 back down to 7mph
    min20 I go to 6mph
    min21 I go to 5mph
    min22 I go to 4mph
    And I'll continue 4mph until I reach 25min and that burns about 350cals.
    I saw this regimin in MD and thought I'd give it a shot and I like my results from it I've noticed I'm getting leaner so my question is would I see the same results or more results if I just do 60to70%of my MHR?I'm taking in 20g of carbs and 1 cup of coffe and 4 ounces of boneless an hour before the gym.What concerns me is that maybe I'm just burning carbs and becoming catabolic do to the intensity of this regimin.What do you guys suggest?

26years old
    192lbs
    5'8
    bf% roughly 16to20%
    And I'm in my 3rd week of anavar I'm up to 60mgs a day and that's as high as I wanna go.My diet is really good so that's not a issue.It seems like if I'M not sweating real bad and killing myself with cardio it just doesn't work but everyone says just walk and that's the best way.All suggestions welcome please help thanks.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    Hmmm I like HIT CARDIO Ill see if I can find the link I dont feel like typing it out.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    when i do cardio, i dont plot it like a workout per mnute, i do what i feel is right for me, i couldnt do a schedule like that

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Looks interesting. What is the science behind it??

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    I suggested sprints as a form of HIT cardio. It works wonders in boosting your metabolism. If anyone wants the article let me know.

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    Looks interesting. What is the science behind it??
    I don't know bro but it kiks ass and I'm shredding the fat rite off,I guess it's like treadmill sprints maybe,but what I'm gonna start doing to break it up is every 3 days I'm gonna do the steppingmill for an hour and on my days off from weight training I'll do my abs after the steppingmill on an empty stomach in the morning.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    as i look at it, if you did just the average MPH(probably about 5-6 mph)instead of all the increasing and decreasing nonsense you would achieve the same results. also it is all dependemt on the incline, what level do you keep that at?

you are also doing an atkins type diet, even without the cardio chances are you would still lose weight because of the lack of carbs.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    If you want to burn fat as a primary energy source you need to stay in and aerobic metabolic pathway. Meaning if you vary your intensity or are running to fast you will increase your O2 consumption to the point were your O2 debt outstrips your O2 consumption. If you know any exercise phys you know that when your body is at rest you are burning fat as a primary energy source. Yes your burning some carbs and some protein (protein accounts for usually less than 4% of energy used). Fat can only be used in the presence of O2, this is called Beta Oxidation. If you are running at say 80% of MHR then you are more than likely in a situation were your muscles are outpacing your O2 delivery. If this happens then your body switches to anaerobic glycolyses. Which means without O2 and burning carbs. If you sprint a 100m dash you are burning virtually no fat. Because it takes large amounts of time for fat to be broken down into a usable energy source. The empirical research shows that to optimize your fat burning potential (high % of Fat calories used vs carbs) one needs to exercise at steady state ( no variance in intensity) for at least 30 min. The reason for 30 mins or more is that at about 12 to 16 min in to aerobic exercise the bodies metabolism shifts to and is efficiently using fat as the primary energy source. Certainly prior to that you would still be burning fat but its there % of fat vs other source that is increased. This is not my opinion on the subject this is what the scientific research has shown. A lot of distance runners vary there intensities during a aerobic workout to increase something called the lactate threshold. This is why a lot of people mistakenly think that by varying intensity that you would increase fat consumption. Having said all this though there is one more process that elicits fat consumption. After any kind of exercise muscle glycogen stores are depleted. With proper rest the preferred stored energy source is fat. This is why sprinters are still lean even though they train in a anaerobic conditions all the time. Obviously if you trained everyday like a sprinter you could certainly have a body as such. For the everyday bodybuilder this is not really an option so aerobic training is the most time efficient and calorie burning method. Sorry this got so long, I just love Exercise Physiology. hope it helps

Thread Information