tard_zone is offline Associate Member

Biceps and curls

My bicep routine consists of 2 exercises and 2 sets of those exercises (thanks to I**mfkr) on my back day. After I finish training my back and I get into biceps and my two exercises that I have been doing are:

-Alternating dumbbell curls
    -EZ-curlbar curls

I really like those two, because I can go extremely heavy and lift intensely. I've always liked the straight bar curls, but the EZ-curlbar is easier on my wrists. I've also read that straight barbell curls are better for stimulating the bicep muscle. So the bottom line is:

Straight Barbell Curls or EZ-curlbar curls?

boxingbean is offline Senior Member
    straight, i do four after a back workouts

do sit down alternating incline curls, one arm cable curls, straight bar curls, and supinated (backward) ez-curlbar curls..

and yet..my biceps are the biggest lack i got..

do you have any reasoning for why you do straight barbell curls, or is just a personal preference. Because I recall reading that they are actually better for building mass. I like the feel of the curl bar, but if neccessary I will do the straight barbell curls.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    amateur opinion but i feel when doing alternating db curls....it is the same angle as the straight barbell curl so i do either or then a concentration or preacher with....i still do on back day, too

so doing alternating db curls then curl bar curls is alright? I'm not a huge fan of isolative exercises, should I include them?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by tard_zone
    so doing alternating db curls then curl bar curls is alright? I'm not a huge fan of isolative exercises, should I include them?
    i wish i could do more db exercises than i do now but due to tendonitis in elbow i have to limit them

Thread Information