shawn9811 is offline New Member

Inner chest woes

Im sure everyone has/comes along this problem sometime. My chest has good size and definition lower outer and upper out, but the dreaded upper-inner chest feels like nothing but chest bone. Are there any workouts i can jumpstart or spot train just my upper-inner chest just below where my collar bones come together?

ghostdog128 is offline Junior Member
    I think spot training is more of a myth than anything. If your upper/inner chest is weak I think it has more to do with genetics than anything else. I have huge biceps but no peaks whatsoever. You may want to try close grip bench press. Although I don't believe in isolating certains areas of a muscle this will be the exercise others will tell you to do.

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    I've had great success in developing my inner chest by doing what I've advertised in my thread below:

New Chest Exercise

Really squeeze the dumbells together as you press them!

Good luck!

Obsidian is offline New Member
    I was in the same boat as you added incline fly with a squeeze at the top of the movement. As an added benifit I rotated the dumbells. So it is squeeze with a rotation. I would start out small weight and focus on the movement. The weight does not need to be heavy.
    hope this helps

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostdog128
    I think spot training is more of a myth than anything. If your upper/inner chest is weak I think it has more to do with genetics than anything else. I have huge biceps but no peaks whatsoever. You may want to try close grip bench press. Although I don't believe in isolating certains areas of a muscle this will be the exercise others will tell you to do.
    Agreed, genetics play a huge role in chest development. Different workouts just add variation to stimulate growth.

briancb1 is offline Member
    Genetics indeed. I finally got cut up and every part of my chest looks different when compared to the other side. I have a square shaped right pec, and a more rounded left, lots of inner left, more outter right.... i would never win in a competition....

Thread Information