violator1 is offline Associate Member

biceps are stuck

help a fellow dog out?? i'm stuck at 45 lb. dumbell curls, i can get 9 reps for 3 sets with em. i absolutely cannot get these things sore. every other muscle i can tear and rebuild, but my bi's refuse to cooperate. i hit dumbell curls ez bar curls and preachers. any ideas???

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    I had the same problem, if it doesnt work you gotta change it up. Try to do some hammer curls on incline bench, spider curls, concentration curls etc. Try doing 21s etc. Good luck man

MattY_D is offline Junior Member
    incline hammer curls, after a set start lifting the dumbell only halfway and continue repping until failure, your arms will burn like hell

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    If you can get 9 reps then move up in weight. Aim for 4-6rep with 50lbs and work that up to 8-9rep for 3 sets then move up again.

You might get 4 reps or more from the first set but cont to use that weight next week and work up to getting 2 sets at 4 reps with 50lbs. I am sure you get the picture.

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    If you can get 9 reps then move up in weight. Aim for 4-6rep with 50lbs and work that up to 8-9rep for 3 sets then move up again.

You might get 4 reps or more from the first set but cont to use that weight next week and work up to getting 2 sets at 4 reps with 50lbs. I am sure you get the picture.

agreed do a set of 15 10 and last one heavy 4-6reps

pvit486 is offline Junior Member
    You might wanna try rest-pause style. Take that 45lbs dumbbell and hit 12 reps, put it down. Rest 20 seconds, use the same weight, hit as many reps as you can, put it down. Rest 20 seconds, and repeat the same process.

nofear is offline Junior Member
    Preacher bench and ez bar tear downs will make you whimper and your bi's explode. Seriously, when you shower after the workout it will be hard to shampoo because your bi's will be on fire.

captainfalcon is offline New Member
    do some barbell curls. do some incline dumbbell curls. and like mentioned above do the hammer curls too.

pit_bully is offline Associate Member
    I had the same probs too. Not sore, no growth. I switched to the cable machines (Straight bar, ez-curl bar, ropes for hammers, French curls too) and my arms responded. To me I feel that there is always constant tension with the cables as once you get to a certain point say on preachers its no effort. Try it.

Thread Information