epc512 is offline Associate Member

cardio while trying to bulk

hi all...i am currently wanting to bulk up so im basically eating everything in my path because im at college though so the food isnt great for you so i i really cant eat healthy. So i know i should do cardio after a workout the question is for how long and should i do cardio after every workout or every other workout...also will this get this little pudge i have on my lower stomach? From a side view my lower stomach looks like an inch farther out then the rest of my stomach...will cardio fix that or crunches? thanks all

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    hi all...i am currently wanting to bulk up so im basically eating everything in my path
    This is a really easy way to put on fat. bulking does not mean fattening. You should be eaten small frequent meals that are similar in marcro's through out the day except maybe pwo.

because im at college though so the food isnt great for you so i i really cant eat healthy.
    I know college food is not healthy, im in school to i take my cooler/lunch bag everywhere with me. There are numerous student bodybuilders and huge mofo's on this board who are in school and take meals from home... So that can't be an excuse...

So i know i should do cardio after a workout the question is for how long and should i do cardio after every workout or every other workout...also will this get this little pudge i have on my lower stomach?
    You should try to do cardio in the am for 30-45 min on empty stomach. at 65% of ur max heart rate.. However if am Cardio can't not be done you can do it after ur workout for 30 min.

How many Days? various from person to person some ppl can do it 3 days others do it 5 days low intensity so u need to acess your body and see what works and does not work.

From a side view my lower stomach looks like an inch farther out then the rest of my stomach...will cardio fix that or crunches? thanks all
    The only way to loose a pudge in your stomach is with a clean diet (re above) and cardio (low intensity). You can do crunches till ur blue in the face but abs are a result of cardio and diet.

Also what are you current stats right now? and your current diet ( what did you eat today or yesterday roughly)

im 5'11" 185-190 lbs. i basically keep my diet to meat, some rice, eggs, i dont drink anything else but water and i go home on the weekends and my mom doesnt cook for me and i cant cook so the weekends i cheat alot with junkfood.

also dont think im fat when people look at me they say im 170 or so idk why i actually weigh as much as i do but im of decent build.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by epc512
    im 5'11" 185-190 lbs. i basically keep my diet to meat, some rice, eggs, i dont drink anything else but water and i go home on the weekends and my mom doesnt cook for me and i cant cook so the weekends i cheat alot with junkfood.
    That is the problem. I dont cook either but i still eat chicken, Rice is boiling water not cooking, tuna is eating out a can thats not cooking either... but if u add some cardio as i suggest and clean up the diet u should lean out a tad.

ok now obviously starting cardio i will start to lose a little weight?

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    Well if you eat junk food bro the cardio will not be that effecitve you'll just be burning off your last meal and thats it. quite pointless i feel. Just try your hardest to eat healty meals as stated above and cardio in the morning and then you'll see your bf drop.. good luck

ok well im not able to do cardio in the morning but after workouts is good for me....should i do cardio after leg workouts or no?

captainfalcon is offline New Member
    how often do you do cardio now? i do cardio twice a week. one day it'll be jump rope then bike. the other day i will do jump rope with elliptical machine. as far as doing cardio after legs you can try it to see how you feel.

ash146 is offline Junior Member
    aside from the advice already given about trying to do a clean bulk, i'd do cardio on your off days to help recovery and stave off from unwanted weight. 30mins low intensity should be fine.

Thread Information