Foskamink is offline Banned

what split / days ?

well i joined a new gym cause i moved citys a few weeks ago.

and for the past 8 months i been doing upper full body workouts 3 days a week. mon/wed/fri been lazy on the legs.

but enough of that. i never really tried solid split i know by the latest posts people will laugh at my inexpirence and knowledge but i come as far as i can by working out like a novice and i want to get everything correct. why i posted about my exact suppliments so now its my split and days because i want to reach my goals.

back + chest

legs + abs

bicep + (little forearm) + tricep

first of all when i joined the gym i was just doing bi + tri + shoulder EOD

then i did a session with a trainer and he suggested back + chest.

but im a little confused exactly. where i can add in shoulders and what days for best effect.

example!

like doing bicep / tricep together, but its hard to do chest/back the day after i do tricep and bicep

so yeh with the standard exercises and gyms the common. whats the best way to split days / muscle groups.

laugh or flame but im just trying to get right for 07

Triple X is offline Banned
    Guessing you did'nt grow at all on your previous routine? Your program needs some help my man. How many days a week do you want to lift?
    Here is my routine.

Mon: Back/Biceps
    Tues Shoulder/Traps

Thurs: Legs
    Fri: Chest/Triceps

i can lift as many days as it requires for most effective.
    my old program was easy i did grow alot. my weight didnt change. but i am bigger now with less fat and more strength by alot. for example i went up roughly 50% in strength on all my machines. gained some nice extra size and lost some extra fat and i can see alot more definition.

but it was good at the time. try new things. and i did do very often hard. but my diet wasnt 100% and my intensity / program lacked. so being 18 and a half now. its time in 07 where i really get everything possible in order to do my best. im giving it my all now.

this is what my old gym trainer who was in olympia and universe suggests

chest/shoulder

arms/back

always legs

abs?

im not sure what always legs means. maybe that means legs EOD not too sure. we had a breif conversation. i think ill just pay the new gym some dollars to get me a split that works with there set up and machines / weights

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    i could reccomend alot of different splits, and if you search youll find even more. i think something even more important than your split is the exercises you are doing. you dont train legs so obviously you dont squat, and i am willing to bet you prolly dont deadlift either. START SQUATING AND DEADLIFTING! H-E-A-V-Y!!!

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple X
    Guessing you did'nt grow at all on your previous routine? Your program needs some help my man. How many days a week do you want to lift?
    Here is my routine.

Mon: Back/Biceps
    Tues Shoulder/Traps

Thurs: Legs
    Fri: Chest/Triceps
    my routine is very similar

i do squat but not deadlift. i think i will just get the gym trainer to sort me out. get somone who is massive and has done the work not just somone who has done the course

i just need a lil advice like
    each muscle group once a week seams a little light.

Triple X is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Foskamink
    i do squat but not deadlift. i think i will just get the gym trainer to sort me out. get somone who is massive and has done the work not just somone who has done the course
    Good luck! Most PT's are skinny runts that have no idea what they are doing (a least for BBing goals). I have yet to see a trainer that impressed me. Do you want to look like the guys on Men's Fitness magazine or the guys on FLEX?

Thread Information