prncezzml is offline Female Member

Uneven love handles! help

OK so I have a 15 month old daughter and I am right handed so she is my left hip attachment. Unfortunately, now my left love handle is noticeably bigger than my right!!!! My aunt said, I probably have a bigger muscle on that side but I don't know if this is possible. I know diet and cardio are the only way to lose fat, but the right one is getting to the point where its not so bad and the left is still big! Is it possible that this has resulted from me carrying her only on my left side and therefore having a bigger muscle underneath that fat?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    My whole left side is bigger....bicep, chest, probably love handle too...LOL...don't know why....i was told cuz your weaker side gets bigger cuz it works harder when lifting

Good to know I'm not the only unsymmetrical one!

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Asymmetrical development in this case may be due to your asymmetrically spread workload.

You did admit to carrying her solely on one side.

It's probable that it's due to its having to statically contract to maintain postural integrity.

Muscle development is an adaptation response to an overload as perceived by the body.

If you've kept stimulating the oblique on that side solely.. it's likely they've responded.

So I guess I'm stuck with it until she's 4 and doesn't want me to pick her up constantly so she can see what I'm doing Thanks

May be stuck with it indefinately.

Providing it is indeed muscle growth, the obliques once developed are hard to 'lose'.

Why don't you switch around the position you hold her in?

I've tried before, but the problem is, she doesn't rest on my other hip as well because its slim, she just slides right down and I have to hoist her back up and it's exhausting. Is there an exercise to do to perhaps at least develop the other side?

i don't think you'd want to do that honestly.. it'd just make your waist blockier over-all

Thread Information