Steve80 is offline Associate Member

Jump Shoes/Plyometric Shoes

Has anyone given these a shot? I have heard good things but never known anyone that has used them. I was lookin at the Jumpsole ones they attach to your shoes. I guess they transfer all the weight and work to your calfs which tarjets fast twitch muscle fibers. I was interested in these to increase my vertical leap and 40 yard time. Anyone have any success stories?

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    i used them at one time. used them around the house, and walked alittle extra once a week with them, nothing too too much with them.. and i will say my calfs have always been one body part people comment on being massive... as for helping for jumping... i duno, i'm 5'7 so never had plans on dunking anyways

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    i just got done doing them today just started today actually, i think there sweet and help out also..

i did decrease my 40 time .2 like it said i dont no about vertical leap though i can touch the rim of a bball hoop pretty easy when im done hopefully i can dunk!! haha im a little over 6 foot and 245 today so not too bad

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    for increasing vertical leap i think the best thing is olympic lifting with a combination of plyometrics....those olympic lifters have some sick verticals alot of the smaller one have over 40 inch verticals without even training for jumping like football players and such

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    I use them all of the time. I shoot hoops in my driveway several nights a week and when I do, I wear them. I am 5'7 and I can dunk a volleyball. I cannot even get close to palming a basketball, and even if I could, I don't think I could dunk it (quite yet). If you're dilligent in wearing them, I think you'll get some good results.

Steve80 is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the info guys. Im trying to increase my leap and 40yard for football. I am trying to decide to go with the jumpsole training, or 24/7 ankle weights. Im not sure which would be more beneificial. Does anyone have any info on this? My thought is ankle weight would be better, because I would be used to being 20 pounds heavier in the legs, this would build alot of strength, and when I take them off I would haul.

matt50 is offline Associate Member
    i used the jumpsoles about 4 -5 years ago and it did wonders for me....i was 5'10, 160 lbs sr year in high school and i was able to dunk after using them....make sure u do ur plyometric training with them on, and when you are working out ur legs with lunges and squats, keep them on ....it will help

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    yeah they helped me alot.i was able to dunk and run alot faster at 5'9. also helped my over all leg strength. also i added in jump rope and the olympic lifts and had evenmore success

Thread Information