Thread: strong chest

texasmk4 is offline Associate Member

strong chest

How can I make my chest strong???

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, thats pretty simple question. There is a lot of things You can do to make it stronger.
    Diet! Good diet man.
    Workout! Good workout routine! Proper technique! Intense workouts! Higher weights with lower reps! Do push-up that will make it stronger! Stay motivated! Don't miss workouts! Set Your goals of HOW strong You want Your chest to be! etc.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by UberSteroids; 12-01-2006 at 01:43 PM.

HIgher weight, low reps (3-5) will increase strength for any body part. For chest particularly, clap pushups give the explosive strength, if ur looking for that. Compound movements increase strength as well for any body part, eg. for legs deads and squats. For chest , bench; incline, flat, decline. Basically stick to the main exercises and go as heavy as possible

pancakes is offline New Member
    Diet and working out to max capacity is how I did it. Also working out with some friends who are stronger than myself helped me too.

need2bhuge is offline Junior Member
    Low reps like stated above but with adequate rest...like 3 minutes between sets. You do not want to go down in your weight when working with low reps and do not pyramid up!!! Do 1 or 2 warmup sets if you need that, and then hit your heaviest weight for 4-5 reps...by the 3rd or 4th set you should be dropping 1 rep...if you drop more than that then you most likely need more rest!! 98% of you ATP regenerates in 7 minutes!! And as far as the warmup sets...I only do one with 135 before I jump to 355! They are not as important as many think...a lot of people do them because they think they will prevent tears and such..but if you have good blood flow to the muscle you will be fine!! Do a dynamic warmup to get good blood flow. Warmup sets only get your body used to the movement...they do not activate that same muscle fibers that you will be using when you hit your heavy weight!!!!!

eberasain is offline Associate Member
    start with 3 rep max. add 5-10 lbs each week even if you drop to 2 reps but dont forget to do 4-6 reps as well. also do 4-6 reps on dumbell presses and flyes are good too. just remember to real heavy then medium then heavy again. i gained 60 lbs of 1 rep max with that. good luck.

Thread Information