Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member

mixing cardio/weights: same workout.

was intending on doing AM cardio on an empty stomach, but that hasnt really been happening. i want to do cardio/weights in one workout. what would be the best way to do this?

was thinking: weight training (roughly 45 mins) followed by banana and whey protein shake. then a further 45-60 minutes of cardio, followed by a protein/carb meal and a whey shake.

would this be sufficient?

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Not a good idea to do cardio just after whey and banana as it will inhibit fat burning. If you HAVE to mix weights and cardio then just do cardio at the end of your workout and have a PWO shake after your cardio.

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Hey Timm!

I'm doing this very same workout routine currently on my new cutting plan. I would recommend that you skip the shake and go straight into cardio. You'll end up burning your PWO nutrition by doing cardio. Just save it for when you're complete done with both your weight training and cardio. That way you'll have a greater chance of burning the most fat during your post weight training cardio session.

Good luck!

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    edit.
    Last edited by Ufa; 12-07-2006 at 09:43 AM.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^ *Nark wonders why all of UFA's posts contain the same answer: "hey bro... do cardio with dumbbells".. especially where it isn't pertinent to the thread at hand*

Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    was intending on doing AM cardio on an empty stomach, but that hasnt really been happening. i want to do cardio/weights in one workout. what would be the best way to do this?

was thinking: weight training (roughly 45 mins) followed by banana and whey protein shake. then a further 45-60 minutes of cardio, followed by a protein/carb meal and a whey shake.

would this be sufficient?
    No.

BCAAs pre-training (maybe a small piece of fruit also)... followed by 45 minutes weights... followed by post-training BCAAs... followed by 45 minutes cardio... followed by a mid-glycemic carb+ lean protein meal.

Nark

boxingbean is offline Senior Member
    is this to lose weight/cut while trying to keep muscle shape???? or just to have cardio for exercise reason??

cuz i noticed awhen i used 30-45 min cardio post intense workouts, i lost BF% greatly, while keepin muscle structure

maybe had a chicken salad post cardio befor home, this was at night also before bed

xpijeonx is offline Associate Member
    My intentions of doing AM cardio have also failed miserably, I just cant seem to wake up, sleep at the time seems SO much more important. 5am is just too damn early for me.

I use a PWO shake that has 46g pro and 68g carb dex/malto mix.

Would my PWO shake still be AS beneficial after 45 minutes of cardio?

I tried doing away with my PWO shake completely and using a lean pro source and a low Gi carb source PWO and I did not like the difference I felt. (I tried this for about three weeks didnt notice any difference other then feeling more sore and weak/fatigued for days after which I dont get as bad with my regular PWO shake, with the shake im still sore but its just not the same, not as bad)

Nark and other knowledgable bros what would you do in this situation? still opt for the med gi carb? or stick with my usual PWO shake? and BCAA's in between weights and cardio? This is probably something I will have to "feel out" for myself but some guidance would be awesome.

What would a good med gi carb PWO option be?

I think the biggest thing about this that is going to suck for me is leaving the gym without the pump, I love that feeling and I have grown acustomed to it on the way home, lol.

Sorry if I semi-hi-jacked this thread I have been thinkin about making a similar thread but then I saw yours and figured I would throw some more sh*t in the game.

^^depends.

Myself and others have a solid meal pwo.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks for all the pointers guys, much appreciated

Thread Information