Muscle Knots / Spasms

My delt area has been hurting for the last 2 months or so and I have an appt with an orthopedic guy this week. I think it may be muscle knots caused by spasms or stress or whatever because I always catch myself clinching my left delt/trap area. When I see the doc should I ask him for anything in particular like muscle relaxers?

Is there anything else I can get w/o a scrip? I have been doing a search and came up with maybe getting some Taurine and/or vit B-12...only the post I read said to inject 1.5-2g of B-12 into 3 places in the muscle. I dont think I can do that. Any help is appreciated

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    calcium, massage therapy, trigger point work. active release techinique. the muscle relaxers may help, but they may not fix the problem. i very much doubt the orth will do anythijng for this type of problem besides hand you a script

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    does it seem to be more when you workout? When you lift, the intensity is directly related to the amount of muscle fibers contracted. When this happens, they get all bunched up and garbled. Stretching and massage therapy helps with this a lot. Im not sure if this is playing a part in your problem or if it is something else but hope this helps.

Thread Information