Triple X is offline Banned

HIT while on a cycle

Anyone tried using the HIT training method while on a cycle? I love the HIT program but I don't think it would be the best choice while on a cycle.

goose is offline Banned
    Why not?

A muscle will not grow until it's recovered. The muscle will not begin to recover until the nervous system is Recovered. It takes roughly 24hours for the nervous system to recover from a workout. Only then will the muscle begin to recover and grow. So, you should never train 2 days in a row. Even if you train different bodyparts, you still use the same nervous system. You train 2 days in a row, your nervous system recovers, but by the time the muscles begin to, you train again, so the body has to concentrate again on recovering the nervous system.
    A training frequency of 3 days per week (Mon, Wed, Fri) is more than enough. Even if you use streroids, you still have to train like this. Steroids increase your recovery ability, but they also make you stronger at a quicker rate. The extra strength will give you the ability to train harder/tear more muscle tissue, so you will need the extra recovery that the steroids will give you

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    Why not?

A muscle will not grow until it's recovered. The muscle will not begin to recover until the nervous system is Recovered. It takes roughly 24hours for the nervous system to recover from a workout. Only then will the muscle begin to recover and grow. So, you should never train 2 days in a row. Even if you train different bodyparts, you still use the same nervous system. You train 2 days in a row, your nervous system recovers, but by the time the muscles begin to, you train again, so the body has to concentrate again on recovering the nervous system.
    A training frequency of 3 days per week (Mon, Wed, Fri) is more than enough. Even if you use streroids, you still have to train like this. Steroids increase your recovery ability, but they also make you stronger at a quicker rate. The extra strength will give you the ability to train harder/tear more muscle tissue, so you will need the extra recovery that the steroids will give you
    i was just about to say something but doesnt matter read the above

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    i was just about to say something but doesnt matter read the above

If I remember correctly; you only apply HIT when your on cycle.If correct would be great to hear why you apply this method.

Another thing mate,was speaking to a guy that knew Paul Borresen.He said he used Holistic Training method.I know this is a while back now,so things have changed.This is a overview of it:

Key Features of the Method

1. Workouts are to be kept to around the forty five minute mark to enhance anabolic hormones, whilst reducing the release of stress hormones.
    2. You will be performing multiple exercises of different angles to hit all possible muscle fibres. This would include a combination of isolation and compound exercises.
    3. The reps of all exercises should be performed in with good technique.
    4. Emphasis should be placed on variety but not at the expense of haphazard volume or instinctive methods. Although you will be training with variety you should still measure and record your progress on a workout by workout basis to monitor progressive overload.

Do you remember what paul was into?

Cheers...

If I remember correctly; you only apply HIT when your on cycle.If correct would be great to hear why you apply this method.

Another thing mate,was speaking to a guy that knew Paul Borresen.He said he used Holistic Training method.I know this is a while back now,so things have changed.This is a overview of it:

Key Features of the Method

1. Workouts are to be kept to around the forty five minute mark to enhance anabolic hormones, whilst reducing the release of stress hormones.
    2. You will be performing multiple exercises of different angles to hit all possible muscle fibres. This would include a combination of isolation and compound exercises.
    3. The reps of all exercises should be performed in with good technique.
    4. Emphasis should be placed on variety but not at the expense of haphazard volume or instinctive methods. Although you will be training with variety you should still measure and record your progress on a workout by workout basis to monitor progressive overload.

Do you remember what paul was into?

Cheers...
    Ive got one of his seminars videos which he did with Ian Harrison, the training what paul did totally changed when he had his acident, he would pre-exhaust dropsets to failure, isolation movements then compound, its very very painfull but all the different muscle fibres are worked, he told me thats the best way to go but this type oftraining wouldnt last long so it needs to be while on cycle, fits nicely into short cycle burst, Ian's legs grow even more with this training,

He would swap and change but more or less pre-exhausted dropsets to failure. i do alot now the same way but swap the isolation movements to compound when am the strongest

goose is offline Banned
    Ive got one of his seminars videos which he did with Ian Harrison, the training what paul did totally changed when he had his acident, he would pre-exhaust dropsets to failure, isolation movements then compound, its very very painfull but all the different muscle fibres are worked, he told me thats the best way to go but this type oftraining wouldnt last long so it needs to be while on cycle, fits nicely into short cycle burst, Ian's legs grow even more with this training,

He would swap and change but more or less pre-exhausted dropsets to failure. i do alot now the same way but swap the isolation movements to compound when am the strongest

Interesting.I hear paul had a few tapes released,the one with Ian is apparently very funney.Infact funney as Fck.What I loved about paul is he was so harcore in his Approach.
    Last edited by goose; 12-09-2006 at 11:02 AM.

Interesting.I hear paul had a few tapes released,the one with Ian is apparently very funney.Infact funney as Fck.
    yeh it is , he wasnt right in the head fine line between genious and madness

goose is offline Banned
    yeh it is , he wasnt right in the head fine line between genious and madness

Ian could of been great he was a big boy.

This is a great Quote from him.

``If you want to be one of the big boys, you can't just say eat when you are hungry. Or I'll just eat this, or I'm full, I can't eat that. You've got to just eat it. You're not eating cause you like it, you're eating to grow! If you have to force feed yourself, then do it! When I stopped competing it took me months to regain my appetite. I mean since I was 15 I force fed myself constantly, and you get to hate the idea of eating. But that’s what it took“
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HIT while on a cycle-01.jpg  

Ian could of been great he was a big boy.

This is a great Quote from him.

``If you want to be one of the big boys, you can't just say eat when you are hungry. Or I'll just eat this, or I'm full, I can't eat that. You've got to just eat it. You're not eating cause you like it, you're eating to grow! If you have to force feed yourself, then do it! When I stopped competing it took me months to regain my appetite. I mean since I was 15 I force fed myself constantly, and you get to hate the idea of eating. But that’s what it took“
    he went to the USA and become a wrestler, he still is big boy

goose is offline Banned
    he went to the USA and become a wrestler, he still is big boy

Would you become a wrestler in the states?

I cant Personally imagine it`s your thing.I know what your into,wresling feamles down

Would you become a wrestler in the states?

I cant Personally imagine it`s your thing.I know what your into,wresling feamles down
    Not my thing am to big to be flying throw the air

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Good first post Goose, exactly how I feel.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

WTF? lol

Why not?

technically it takes up to 72 hours for a muscle to recover; Therefore we should only train once every 4 days? Would not be conducive to building mass. Hell, I trained 5 days a week for years and never had any problems. I've continually added LBM year after year. I have however used the HIT training method and was quite happy with the gains. I'm just not sure it is the best approach for a bulking cycle. I would think and every other day routine using the HIT method would be best.

example:
    Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, Tris
    Day 2: off
    Day 3: Legs, Back, Bis
    Day 4: off
    Day 5: Chest, Shoulders, Tris
    Day 6: off
    Day 7: Legs, Back, Bis
    Day 8: off
    Day 9: Chest, Shoulders, Tris

etc., etc., etc.

goose is offline Banned
    Your an Experienced guy with over 10 years in the gym.With bulking it`s 70% clean diet.I would contuie what works for you,I agree the every other day routine using the HIT method would be best.This is what I`m on at the moment,doing real well and happy with it:

Mon - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    * Incline press - warm-up sets, 1 work set
    * Flat flyes - 1 work set
    * Millitary press - 1 warm-up, 1 work set
    * Lateral flyes - 1 work set
    * Rear delt machine - 1 work set
    * Tricep pushdowns - 1 warm-up, 1 work set
    * Lying tricep extensions - 1 work-set

Wed - Quads, Hams, Calves
    * Squats - warm-ups, 1 work set
    * Leg press - work set
    * Leg extension - work set