violator1 is offline Associate Member

free weights, machines and adapting

hey guys they took all the hammer strengths outta the gym today!!! you guys go real heavy using free weights without a partner? gotta retrain myself to free weights again.....

KeyMastur is offline VET
    just get someone in the gym to spot you. no biggie. or are you not much of a "personal" guy

people are too damn busy....make faces and sh*t. hard to find a partner that will keep training.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by violator1
    people are too damn busy....make faces and sh*t. hard to find a partner that will keep training.
    what you mean they make faces ?

not sayin you gotta train with someone. i train alone with headphones. only way i roll. but, when in need, i get a spotter - and not just some joe schmo. gotta have someone that at least looks like they know what they're doin.

making faces like youre buggin em or somethin. but then again since they changed the gym, all that go there are newbs just tossing around weight. alot of the heavy lifters and dedicated bros there srent there anymore. i'm gonna ask for a spot a few more times and hopefully someone will catch on to the habit of help me, help u.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by violator1
    making faces like youre buggin em or somethin. but then again since they changed the gym, all that go there are newbs just tossing around weight. alot of the heavy lifters and dedicated bros there srent there anymore. i'm gonna ask for a spot a few more times and hopefully someone will catch on to the habit of help me, help u.
    that's how it was at this one 24 hour i went to. i made a few friends with the people that frequented the gym more often. i was just there to lift and not socialize like they were. these type of people stand out.

Venum is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    that's how it was at this one 24 hour i went to. i made a few friends with the people that frequented the gym more often. i was just there to lift and not socialize like they were. these type of people stand out.
    my gym is packed with the people that just want to socialize...they dont even look like they work out, why waste the money...usually men in their early 40's that think they are hot and try to talk to the women...but they are just annoying them.........

lol. dude you have no idea. a friend of mine just stands around and houds the girls. gets doggeg for it all the time. i told him he needs to stop that sh*t and hit the weights. they tell him to bug off all the time. gets annoying sometimes. i'm like- dude, i'm workingout.peace out!!!!!

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I train heavy and alone most times.

Recently i've been training with my girl.. but i don't allow her to spot me.

if you're afraid to train heavy with Barbells.. switch to the dumbbell equivalent.

For exercises like squats etc., simply squat in the power rack/cage.. setting the safety bars to a height that corresponds to 1" below where the bar'd be when you hit parallel.

That's what i do.

No need for a spotter.

Thread Information