Columbus is offline Anabolic Member

New CHEST Routine?

rying to get my chest size UP......came acrossthis plan that looked solid...what are your thoughts? Based soley on 1RPM

FLT DBELL
    90lbs dbell 1rpm
    BENCH % WT REPS SETS
    0.5 45 10 1
    0.6 55 6 1
    0.7 65 4 1
    0.1 90 1 1
    0.85 75 6 4
    0.9 80 4 4
    0.95 85 2 4
    0.1 90 1 1
    0.6 55 3 3

INCLINE DBELL 70 6 3
    DBELL FLY 60 6 3

10-6-4-1 then stop on bench, and .1 is not 100% is it. and it will be awful hard to get your true 1 rep max after 20 reps. make sure you are getting a full recovery period before your last max effort set. if you do it this way you still have 15 sets for a chest exercise, this is just a basic % workout it worked for me when I was younger. don't think the program is too bad, try it and see what happens.

Its a Monday Friday routine with delts and tris....Friday is lighter.....wonder why they have so much more volume.....

TR'05 is offline Member
    0.1 is 10%.

So, are you doing this chest workout as well as tries and delts? That would seem like too much volume.

If this is just your straight up chest routine, give er tits for a few weeks and see how it goes.

its 100%.....followed by light delts...skip tris

TR'05 is offline Member
    Cool. Id say try it out for a couple weeks, bro. Good call on skipping the tris, also. Don't wanna overdo it, as overtraining will hold you back.

I am always switching my routine around every few weeks just for variety. Keep the body guessing and what not.

I may give just the chest workout a whirl the next couple weeks, to be honest. Looks like it would be pretty intense.

DutchCowboy is offline Associate Member
    Naahhhhh, I don't like it personally. I think all that fancy mumbo jumbo crap is way too over-thought and way over-rated. You really have to know your numbers for this to be effective. What is to guarantee that you will be able to use the percentage of weights that follow the formula?

Let me tell you, give it a shot before you bash it....granted it took a loooong ass time...prob. 40mins on the flat alone, but then it moved pretty fast....it's intense, I may cut out the last few sets as I was shot about half way thorugh....I am going to attempt to incorporate the same slated schedule for deads today, seems appropriate......

330 1rpm 320
    Deads
    Reps Weight Sets
    0.5 10 160 1
    0.6 6 190 1
    0.7 4 225 1
    0.1 1 320 1
    0.85 6 270 4
    0.9 4 285-290 4
    0.95 2 305 4
    0.1 1 320 1
    0.6 3 190-195 3

Tbar
    6 60 1
    6 60 1
    . 6 60 1
    Lat Pull
    6 55 1
    6 55 1
    6 55 1

I hope you have some chemical help, because if not that is just flat out too many sets, for someone with "normal" recovery. 26 sets alone on Bench Press, what is the rationale? why the drop sets down and then back up, I think you have enough overload in 10-6-4-1. I am sure it is one bitch of a program but to me without AAS this would be overreaching.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I'll bash it without trying it.. bunch of worthless sets, not ideal for building muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by the hulkster
    I hope you have some chemical help, because if not that is just flat out too many sets, for someone with "normal" recovery. 26 sets alone on Bench Press, what is the rationale? why the drop sets down and then back up, I think you have enough overload in 10-6-4-1. I am sure it is one bitch of a program but to me without AAS this would be overreaching.
    agrreed,,,i warmed uo...225x6, 260x6 280x4x2, 295x2x2, 330, 335 singles pr.
    then 205, 210, 215x8 cool down.

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Im not flaming you, however, I have read many of your "workout" posts and bro I think your Avy is a direct reflection of your overtraining. What I mean is that, imo, your body looks "old" and "tired." It does not look healthy. I am doing half the volume you do and I workout EOD. Results: 35lbs in eight months. Im not a guru or an expert, but just giving you my opinion. Good luck and I hope you meet your goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small
    Im not flaming you, however, I have read many of your "workout" posts and bro I think your Avy is a direct reflection of your overtraining. What I mean is that, imo, your body looks "old" and "tired." It does not look healthy. I am doing half the volume you do and I workout EOD. Results: 35lbs in eight months. Im not a guru or an expert, but just giving you my opinion. Good luck and I hope you meet your goals.
    Show me the routine you would pose to gain 35lbs and I'll be more than happy to review...I agree I overtrain but Im getting 100x better....as you see I cut way back on the dead routine, and that was pretty much my back day......deads.....great lifts....some tbar rows and pullovers and I was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    I'll bash it without trying it.. bunch of worthless sets, not ideal for building muscle.
    Its proven that pushing heavy weights will result in muscle mass...pretty simple if you ask me....we can agree to disagree, thats what makes this interesting and I am always looking for changes.....just like with HIIT...I disagree with pretty much all of the principles as why it would never work for me nor has it ever interested me.....maybe because I can never find a reliable partner that would keep up........I do like the eod training shchema, so I guess I dont disagree will ALL of he aspects....

TR'05 is offline Member
    I don't believe anyone disagrees that pushing heavy weights will result in muscle mass.

Also, I did not realize that your had extra sets listed in this workout. I thought it was just 9 total for bench (very low reps) followed by a couple more exercises (3 sets each). This is blatant overtraining, bro.

I have been away from the boards for a while, but have read some of your posts. You seem like you need to stick to a routine (diet, weights, etc.) for a prolonged period of time. Johnny too small is correct. You do not look healthy IMO. I doubt anyone will disagree with this: you will look remarkably better if you put on some serious weight. At this point it looks like you are drawn...Christrian Bale from the Machinist style.

Stick to a simple workout routine, diet, and put on some weight- fat and muscle. It appears you are tredding on a serious disorder that could potentially be very dangerous to your health.

This is just my advice, which I am sure you have heard before...

Best of luck to you.

Columbus, you couldn't handle a true HIT routine.. nothing to be ashamed of loll

As for your marathon training, stick with it and see how far it gets you.

Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    Columbus, you couldn't handle a true HIT routine.. nothing to be ashamed of loll

As for your marathon training, stick with it and see how far it gets you.
    trust me bro..if yopu can handle it, I surely can....not calling you out and not saying I could use the same amount of weight right now, but you'll never ever see me toss in the towel....I promise you that.

Marathon? Hardly....it's a good routine....its all deads....nothing beats em.

Id much rather spend 45 minutes on a heavy compound movement, then doing a bunch of fu fu type lifts....just my .02

h
    Quote Originally Posted by TR'05
    I don't believe anyone disagrees that pushing heavy weights will result in muscle mass.

Also, I did not realize that your had extra sets listed in this workout. I thought it was just 9 total for bench (very low reps) followed by a couple more exercises (3 sets each). This is blatant overtraining, bro.

I have been away from the boards for a while, but have read some of your posts. You seem like you need to stick to a routine (diet, weights, etc.) for a prolonged period of time. Johnny too small is correct. You do not look healthy IMO. I doubt anyone will disagree with this: you will look remarkably better if you put on some serious weight. At this point it looks like you are drawn...Christrian Bale from the Machinist style.

Stick to a simple workout routine, diet, and put on some weight- fat and muscle. It appears you are tredding on a serious disorder that could potentially be very dangerous to your health.

This is just my advice, which I am sure you have heard before...

Best of luck to you.
    there are 2 things holding be back and I am currently making changes to both...one, my diet is too clean, too anal, and too calorie deficient...the second is my recovery.....and rest.....I love to train, I miss a day in the gym and I hate the feeling...its a great thing to have, but can be detremental.....if I had a job or career where I was up and on my feet all day, surely it would be a different story...I appreciate the concern.......and I will get better....I was once 240 and solid, ill get there again

I did Deads yesterday, 3sets total.
    1 warmup (185x15)
    1 moderately heavy (315x15)
    1 workset (500x8)

Not sure why more sets would be necessary, not to mention if I would've included more sets my max set would've been less weight which in turn would've recruited less muscle fibers hindering my growth.

TR'05 is offline Member
    Keep pluggin' away at it bro. Life is too short too get too caught up in little things.

Again, best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    Show me the routine you would pose to gain 35lbs and I'll be more than happy to review...I agree I overtrain but Im getting 100x better....as you see I cut way back on the dead routine, and that was pretty much my back day......deads.....great lifts....some tbar rows and pullovers and I was gone.
    I dont credit my training for the +35lb gain. I credit my diet more than anything.

and more fat than I hope to gain....just preference.....I like holding on to a couple faint abs....
    Last edited by Columbus; 12-20-2006 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    and more fat than I hope to gain....just preference.....I like holding on to a couple faint abs....
    Sounds like your feelings are hurt and youre lashing out.

Dont worry bro, Im sure someday everyone will want to look like you and Nicole Richie.

BTW, I lost two inches off my waist (34-32). The fat from my waist and the fat I put on must have gone to my dick? You tell me:

http://forums.steroid.com/attachment...9&d=1163628838
    Last edited by Johny-too-small; 12-20-2006 at 01:58 PM.

bullshit..I wasnt bashing...its a preference...you are the one to gt nasty.....and yes, you are smooth and chubby......what can I say?

Coming from you, Nicole...I mean Columbus, Ill take that as a compliment.

Peace!
    Last edited by Johny-too-small; 12-20-2006 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small
    Coming from you, Nicole...I mean Columbus, Ill take that as a compliment.

Peace!
    I am not going to stoop there my friend...no need to...I saw your pics, thats enough.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    enough flamin guys

Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    enough flamin guys
    True that, my bad. Good luck, Columbo. It was fun bantering with you. Hope you accomplish all your goals.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    you guys both look good.

need2bhuge is offline Junior Member

Useful Info!!!!

What is your goal? Mass or strength?? The workout scheme that you have presented seems to be more for strength...the rep scheme for strength is mainly between 3-5 reps and some 6-8...but you need to give urself about 3 minutes or so to recharge your ATP stores in order to hit your maximal weights and recruit the right fibers. 98% of your ATP is restored in 7 minutes, hence the reason for such long rests for powerlfiters. Now as far as size goes...well, 1. You need to activate your muscles enough to cause actin/myosin protein quality changes and cause a rise in androgen receptor content in the muscle (your receptor content changes as you work the muscle) and you need to elevate your GH levels. 2. you need the pump to increase blood flow to your muscles and give more interaction time between floating hormones and the new androgen receptors. The best rep scheme and intensity for size would be 8-12 reps and about 75-85% 1RM. So by doing 8-12 reps you can cause the pump (anything over 45% 1 RM cuts off venous blood return from the muslces) and increase lactic acid levels which will in turn increase you GH levels. Now the information that I have listed is based on studies of non AAS people..however, the concepts still hold true with long rest periods to recharge ATP, androgen receptor increases and the benefit of the pump. Heavy weights will give you some size, but this is not the most beneficial way to add size.

Thread Information