scrapakilla is offline Associate Member

modified ironman hit

What do you guys think of this
    I do 2 days on 1 day off and do less volume and more days a week. For example my plan is
    day 1 chest tris
    day 2 back traps bis
    off
    day 3 quads shoulders calves
    day 4 lats hams
    off
    repeat
    I follow the same rep scheme that is prescribed to use on the ironman methods for all these msucle groups

What do you guys think. I am cutting and the reason i like this split is because i do cardio after every workout as opposed to being unable to do cardio on the standard iron man hit program as the workouts are too exhausting and you are just to sore to do cardio on times that arent dedicate to workouts. Let me know what you guys think thanks.

DutchCowboy is offline Associate Member
    That is not really a "HIT" style routine. I like using the HIT rep schemes, as I do the same. I do not recommend the HIT method if you are cutting.

explain to me why that isnt an hit routine thanks

DutchCowboy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapakilla
    explain to me why that isnt an hit routine thanks
    Don't have time to explain it all but, just go look at the Ironman program and you will see that your workout is nothing like it. The Ironman HIT program follows an alternating A/B workout. Your routine is as normal as anyone's; ie. hitting each muscle once in 7 days.

well yes i am hitting each muscle group once a week but i am hitting them with an hit method hence the rep scheme going to failure and such. I am not using high volume methods to work my muscles yet hit is this still not hit in your opinion it may not be ironman hit but it is modified at leastthatis what i thought.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    bad idea, a sure way to overtrain quickly

overtrain what doc? my cns? Well i am only taking about 45 minutes each workout 4 times a week but i see what you are saying if you are referring to my cns. Do you think the iron man method can only be used in the 3 times a week format due to the cns fatigue issue?

need2bhuge is offline Junior Member
    Are you guys talking about the original HIT..one set till failure?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapakilla
    overtrain what doc? my cns? Well i am only taking about 45 minutes each workout 4 times a week but i see what you are saying if you are referring to my cns. Do you think the iron man method can only be used in the 3 times a week format due to the cns fatigue issue?
    yes, soley based onthe cns fatigur three time is PLENTY.... youmaybe able to push it for 3-4 wks and get away with 4 days, but you would get burned out. your gains wouldnt be as good

Thread Information