Thread: Chest & Back

benchaholic777 is offline New Member

Chest & Back

What are the benifits and disadvantages to this split. I've never tried this workout, I always do chest/tris, and back/bis. I'm thinkin about chest/back, and then do tris/bis on another day.

DT

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    I would never do chest/back on the same days...JMO. Working 2 large muscles in one day isn't a good idea IMO. I do chest/tri's

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    i like training chest and back together

you have one pulling (back) and one pushing/pressing (chest)
    which is always a good combination and also makes for great supersetting
    just dont go over-bored

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    Impossible to go heavy as hell in both deads and bench.....for ME.....if you can do it, more power to ya

benchaholic777 is offline New Member
    Are there any benifits to back/chest? When I do chest/tris my tris are fatigued before I start any tri exericise, I guess thats a plus to do chest/tris togeather. I'm just wondering what the plus is to back/chest.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by benchaholic777
    Are there any benifits to back/chest? When I do chest/tris my tris are fatigued before I start any tri exericise, I guess thats a plus to do chest/tris togeather. I'm just wondering what the plus is to back/chest.
    I couldn't think of a plus but I think this is a question for someone like I-B-D or Doc. Sust.
    I think your way overtraining doing deadlifts and flat/incline bench (to name a couple) on the same day. I always work bigger muscles with smaller muscles i.e. chest/tri's.

Jakspro is offline Member
    Ya, as mentioned, Deads, BB rows, lat pulls, my grip would be toast, and i would be fatigued. You wouldn't be overtraining if you did that split, if you get enough rest, but i dont believe you would be able to push yourself to a great intensity on your lifts. But if back or chest is a strong point and your trying to pick up other body parts maybe i'd try that. Try it for a month, see if you like it...

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    Impossible to go heavy as hell in both deads and bench.....for ME.....if you can do it, more power to ya

the way you deadlift yes
    the way conventional people lift NO

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    I too wouldn't want to train these too together. I suppose if you through it in every once in a while to shock the body, it probably wouldn't be bad. Stick with compound movements and avoid isolation excercises. I've never really done it because I like to concentrate on these muscle groups individually.

felixno9 is offline Junior Member
    It's tough but I've seen it done. if you work chest/back in superset form. Like do your bench but do lat pull downs with it. 1 bench then straight to 1 set lat pull downs. that is one super set. don't take a break between these. benifits. like said above one is a push muscle and one is a pull. Don't expect to be hitting the normal lifts cuz you'll be tired. This is more of a lighter weight more reps kind of split. More for keeping the heart rate up.
    mn Then just be sure to superset your bias/trias also. keep a good pace.

But if the problem is your trias being burnt by the time you get there, try doing chest and bias. chest/shoulders and then hit tris on a different day.
    anythign is possible bro, just get a burn.

Thread Information