reddragon4954 is offline Member

How fast do you lose muscle.

I have been really sick for the past 2 weeks spending almost half of that time in the hospital and well tomorrow will be the first day I can work out I know Im a little smaller but how fast do you actually lose muscle would you say when you just stop working out. Im eating enough so my metabolism will eat food and not muscle but still have def. lost some size. Just wondering cause you work so hard to get muscle then when you stop workin it seems just to fall off!!!!

Machin3 is offline Associate Member
    I learnedthis in anatomy class. When you are sick your body taps into your muscle first for basic nutrients and nurishment and will hardly touch your fat all thoguh you need some on your body to be considered healthy. Dont worry about losing muscle. Your health is much more important than muscle. Muscle will come and go rather than worrying focus on recovering and being healthy...

Youll lose weight but most likely regian it....Your body has very good muscle memory.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    It all depends on how much quality muscle you had and also on your body/genetics, i for example am a fast gainer but an even faster loser when it comes to results, i could work out serious for a month and be very happy with new results and then i have to stop for 3 days and it goes away!!!

I know others who stop training for months and dont lose a thing! This is all talking about natural gains!

However with cycle/supplement gains the losses could be alot faster if you dont keep up the hard work and diet.

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    I find that I lose much more strength than I do actual muscle mass. Now I do lose muscle, but the strength loss can be rediculous. For me the rule seems to be a 1:1 ratio for time off from training:time it takes to get back to the same level. So if Im off 2 weeks it would take at least 2 weeks to return to that level, usually a bit more time.

Chitown Raider is offline Anabolic Member
    It all depends on how fast your body recovers. I had to take a week off due to vacation then got sick once coming back home from Mexico. Freakin' sucked not being able to work out 100% just damn frustrating.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    least there;s a good thing called muscle memory... so when you get back into training you will be able to get back to the size you were alot quicker

Mista Massive is offline Senior Member
    i take a week off every 8 weeks (as long as i'm not juicing) and i come back stronger.

i have had to take 2 weeks here and there due to injuries, as long as i stick to my diet, i don't lose strength or size.

The second my diet slips even just a little, BANG. i'll notice a smaller me in the mirror.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    I lose really fast also.

firedso is offline Junior Member
    you dont actually lose muscle that fast. I can eat whatever i want and i wont lose muscle as long as i keep working out. Although if i stop working out for longer then 2 months the muscle begins to disappear. But i can stop working out for 2 weeks just fine and eat like shit and i wont lose a thing.

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    It all depends I believe on your level of development too. If youve been lifting for many many years and just about peaked out your development, youre going to lose fast.

Thread Information