newbrew is offline Senior Member

Do you gain strength while on a cutting cycle?

Do you ever gain much strength after being off a cycle for a while and starting a cutting routing? I'd like to cut this next go around, but I still have strength gains that are higher than my current state.

timtim is offline Member
    if your diet is on you'll be ok. also depends on high far past your natural strenght levels you are.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    u cant do both well, either it is one or the other. you may get somewhat stronger, but not nearly as strong as you would if you focus on strength and not worry about being cut. you can not lift to get cut, diet and cardio are what get you cut you actualy would want to do a strength training program , and add in cardio and strict diet to achieve your goals

Springbok_Powered is offline New Member
    I usually find when I'm on a weight loss frenzy, my strength increases. But I think thats because there is less craap in my diet.

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    u cant do both well, either it is one or the other. you may get somewhat stronger, but not nearly as strong as you would if you focus on strength and not worry about being cut. you can not lift to get cut, diet and cardio are what get you cut you actualy would want to do a strength training program , and add in cardio and strict diet to achieve your goals
    Thanks.

Can you point me into the direction of any strength related workouts that you would recommend? I am mostly concerned about bench press training. We are having a competition on our shift. My other workouts are already top notch, imo.

Thread Information