youngangstadruskie is offline New Member

Cardio not on an empty stomach???

Ive always done cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach but recently found it easier for me to workout first thing in the morning instead of waiting later on during the day...is it still ok to do cardio later on but not on an empty stomach or will i not be burning as much fat??

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    are you saying you lift weights before you eat???

youngangstadruskie is offline New Member
    no not at all..im saying i get up have my normal breakfast then workout early in the morning as to working out at night time and doing cardio as soon as i wake up on an empty stomach...

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    The problem with eating before training or doing cardio is that crucial blood you are trying to get into the muscle is going to be in your stomach helping to digest the food.

On the cardio side, it really depends on what your goal is for cardio. If you want endurance, you HAVE to replenish your body with glycogen to do long stints of cardio. Eating a spoonful of peanut butter before getting on the treadmill will allow you to keep going longer.

If you wake up on an empty stomach, you are burning last night's glycogen reserves first, and then fat if you are at 70% of maximum heart rate. More intensity will produce endurance and less will produce fat loss.

y100adics is offline Associate Member
    Don't mean to take ur thread over young .... but have a question for daem ..... Reading your post it looks like ur saying less intensity during cardio will make u lose more fat than more intensity? Is that right?

i lift in the morinings after breakfast... suits me better and i have found it to be very effective... if it works for you then go for it....

as for your question y100 theres a certain percentage of your heart rate you should keep.. forget what it excatly goes by as i don't go buy it that much cause i cycle and if i need to go fast and pedal harder i will....

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by y100adics
    Don't mean to take ur thread over young .... but have a question for daem ..... Reading your post it looks like ur saying less intensity during cardio will make u lose more fat than more intensity? Is that right?

There are two "zones"

a fat burning zone and cardio zone

LOW intensity cardio =Fat burning zone to calculate this...

220-age*65-75%= THE Heart rate to burn fat

Cardio on an empty stomach???

This thread is the greatest will answer all your questions its long but good man

y100adics is offline Associate Member
    cool .. thanks dude

this shit is so over rated and blown out of proportion. It doesn't matter when you do your cardio, or when you lift weights, as long as you do it and at the end of the day the calorie consumption/expenditure is the range it needs to be to accomplish your goals, be that gaining muscle or losing fat. I mean what the ****, Arnold Scwharzenegger used to train first thing in the mornings with very little food in him, and there are plenty of other bodybuilders who do the same. I never do cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, I do it right after I lift weights. And I get down to 4-5% bodyfat w/ minimal muscle loss.

^^^i like your statement... i couldn't agree more.... even though my bf is sort of high my traiing now seems to be working.... well

Springbok_Powered is offline New Member
    The books tell us that a good time to do cardio is when the matabolism is at its peak, and blood glycogen levels are filled.

I found that unless you have already eaten breakfast, the metabolism is too slow in the morning after waking up and you have no enery stores after sleep.

I do my cardio in the evening when energy stores are filled from food eaten during the day, but on an empty stomach, and the metabolism is at its peak, it appears to be more efficient and I can vouch for this method.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FaizakaFez
    There are two "zones"

a fat burning zone and cardio zone

LOW intensity cardio =Fat burning zone to calculate this...

220-age*65-75%= THE Heart rate to burn fat

Cardio on an empty stomach???

This thread is the greatest will answer all your questions its long but good man
    Why even bother unless you get your cardio to 220-age X 80% to 90%.
    The first 15 minutes doesn't even count. Warm up! If you are serious
    do an hour. If you want to keep busy lift dumb bells all different kind
    of ways. Then hit the wieghts.

S431M7 is offline Banned
    I prefer after a bowl of oatmeal. Basically it depends on what suit u best>

Quote Originally Posted by youngangstadruskie
    Ive always done cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach but recently found it easier for me to workout first thing in the morning instead of waiting later on during the day...is it still ok to do cardio later on but not on an empty stomach or will i not be burning as much fat??

JC2007 is offline Associate Member
    I often lift on an empty stomach as well and have not lost any strength on lifts...

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JC2007
    I often lift on an empty stomach as well and have not lost any strength on lifts...
    You also probably havnt gained the strength that you could if you did not lift on an empty stomach...
    Last edited by max2extreme; 01-19-2007 at 07:30 AM.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Cardio in the morning works great for me, keeps my energy levels up all day and just makes me feel better.

jman98z24 is offline Junior Member
    I can't stand to lift on an empty stomach or I will run out of steam halfways through. I usually end up doing cardio post workout during the week and morning empty stomach on the weekends.

Thread Information