MotoLifter is offline Senior Member

Floor Presses???

Does anyone use floor presses in their chest routine? My bench seemed to plateau a bit so a switched over to floor presses. It feels like its helping but I was wondering if anyone has used them and gotten good results. Thanks guys.

MOTO

WidowMaker is offline Associate Member
    If you've seemed to have hit a plateau in your bench then drop the actual execise for a few weeks to 8 weeks while using exercises such as reverse band benching/flat-inc. or dec. heavy d.bell bench presses.

Floor presses are hands down one of the best bench builders out there.
    I would also start jacking up my tri., w/o's too. For example: board-presses, push-downs, overhead tri ext., inc. tri. ext. off chest, seated dips going heavy on the tris will only help them to increase your benching strength (3-5 sets of 3-8 reps can use the same work-set weight or it can be progressive). Since the tris are the primary strength mover in this exercise you should be focusing on them first then chest and shoulders. If you need a it broken down into a better fomatted workout journal then pm me or check out my training jounal (widow's log).

There are a lot of opinions and proven methods out there that can help you w/this. Hope this helps.

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    Thanks widow. I actually dropped benching about 1.5 weeks ago and replaced it with floor presses. I feel like its helping. I'm gonna check out your training journal right now, thanks bro!!!

Thread Information