Nismo is offline Member

Lifting Heavy all the time

I was wondering if always lifting heavy is a bad thing. I know that people do light days and so forth but I don't know whats the use of doing light days. Maybe I'm just inexperinced so I would really appreciate the good advice you guys give. And also how would the routine be??? Would it be like 1 week light and 1 week heavy or 2 weeks light and 1 week heavy. Thanks!

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Nah dude, it's all about Your goals IMO. See, I want to be huge so I lift heavy ALL the time, I dont have light days. I dont split it like that. What I do though.. for example if todays is my Chest/Triceps day, I will go all my heavy sets first, than I will do one or two lighter weight sets to finish it off. Simply because I am so exhausted and beat that I can't lift heavy anymore.
    But spliting days for Heavy and Light, hmmm don't see a point. Nothing wrong with lifting heavy all the time.
    Just my .02

Take care!

znak is offline Senior Member
    If you are still getting results, continue what you are doing. When the results stop or really slow down, takes a look at mixing things up.

If it works, don't fix it.

Nismo is offline Member
    Good stuff thanks a lot guys.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I have light days if I am suffering from a slight injury. Its not worth doing serious damage. Sometimes I feel weaker so wont push it as hard. Mostly I lift heavy

Nismo is offline Member
    awsome man thanks. I am feeling pain in my right shoulder. I think when I do shoulders I'm gonna go light.

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismo
    awsome man thanks. I am feeling pain in my right shoulder. I think when I do shoulders I'm gonna go light.
    I would rest that day, maybe do a bit of a 5 - 10 lb round movement exercises, just get it movin a bit. But that's all I would do.

Nismo is offline Member
    Gracias

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Proper form is key to preventing injuries.. don't lift more than you can without breaking form.

I see guys throwing around weight all the time that is way too much for them and they never grow, if they only went a bit lighter and actually hit the muscle properly they'd see much better results and save their joints.

Btw, I lift heavy with High intensity. It's the only way to grow by putting more stress on the muscle than the week before.

Thread Information