mike2112 is offline Associate Member

cardio problem while on a cutting cycle,info bros

Just have a little problem with my cardio routine:I'm usually doin my cardio routine 6Xweek,1 hour session.I do it in the morning on an empty stomach and it works good this way.
    My problem is that for 1 week I won't have the possibility to do it in the morning,I have 2 choices:
    -30 min at 12am and 30 min later at 7pm after my weight trainin
    -or 1 hour at 7pm after weight training.

My question is how would you divide your cardio session ?

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    It all depends on what your goal is. To lose fat, I would divide it into 2 thirty minutes. After a certain time (roughly 25-30 mins) you'll run out of fat reserves to burn and start eating away at muscle, besides, it's a lot less boring to run 30 mins rather than 1 hour.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I agree,

I would suggest doing 25-30 mins after your weights. Its been working great for me so far, and im sure you will too.

mike2112 is offline Associate Member
    yep,I'm tryin to lose fat...I usually do 1 hour ed in the same time and it worked great for me... so you think it's better to divivde in 2 sessions to lose fat ?

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, divide it into two. It'll be more of a pain in the ass, but it'll be less boring and better to keep muscle.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Your losing muscle if your doing cardio after working out. If your going to do that though make sure you drink some carbs before doing it.

williampowers is offline Junior Member
    The best time to do cardio is on a empty stomach or a depleted glycogen state. After a intense workout glycogen is depleted and doing cardio will force the body into tapping stored energy (fat) for fuel. That's why doing cardio on a empty stomach is so succesful because after a 6-8 hour fast glycogen is depleted and the fat burned is two fold. Research has actually shown that cardio done after consumption of carbohydrates limits the amount of fat burned.

The trick to not burning to much muscle is the heart rate....
    75-85% will burn the most fat period but you will lose some muscle. If you want to retain some more mass you should lower the heart rate say
    60-65% max. I highly recommend a Heart RATE MONITOR FROM POLAR THE A1 SERIES it's like 40 dollars and a great tool to get shreded.

redrock is offline Member
    Originally posted by williampowers

The trick to not burning to much muscle is the heart rate....
    75-85% will burn the most fat period but you will lose some muscle. If you want to retain some more mass you should lower the heart rate say
    60-65% max. I highly recommend a Heart RATE MONITOR FROM POLAR THE A1 SERIES it's like 40 dollars and a great tool to get shreded.
    This may be a stupid question but, how do I figure out my 60-70% max heartrate? Will a heart rate monitor tell me? Thanks for the help. REDROCK

Not a stupid question bro
    here is the formula 220-age x .65
    ex 220-25=195 x .65 = 126.75
    If you buy a heart rate monitor it will give the 126 reading you just have to find what it is

redrock is offline Member
    Originally posted by williampowers
    Not a stupid question bro
    here is the formula 220-age x .65
    ex 220-25=195 x .65 = 126.75
    If you buy a heart rate monitor it will give the 126 reading you just have to find what it is
    Cool man, thanks for the help. I think I am going to go to Sports Chalet today and try and find a monitor. REDROCK

[QUOTE]Originally posted by redrock

Cool man, thanks for the help. I think I am going to go to Sports Chalet today and try and find a monitor. REDROCK
    [/QUOTE
    nO PROB....
    I would try Modells oir Sports Authority my girl bought one yesterday for 40 bucks. Buy Polar the A1 series cheap and effective good luck

Thread Information