Thread: Intensity

tard_zone is offline Associate Member

Intensity

I want to increase my workout intensity, what are some things I could do that would increase the intensity. Right now what I always do is

start light and do 20 reps, then next will be 15 reps, then I will do 10 reps to failure, 8 reps to failure, 6 reps to failure.

Is it smart to start light and every set increase the weight and go to failure?

Yesterday doing squats, i had four 25 pound plates on each side and I worked up my squat with 50 pound increasements until I had my squat at 250 pounds and after that id quickly strip of 50 and go till failure and strip of 50 and keep going. The next day my legs were really sore.

Is that a useful technique? Any other techniques? I really love walking around like an idiot. By the way I am really tired because I got home at 3 a.m. from last nights NHL game, so I might be talking like an idiot.

gdubb216 is offline Junior Member
    it seems like what u described is doing a drop set I do them occasionally but I woudn't do them all the time espescially on squats I have done this when I had at least 3 training partners but It was very taxing and I don't think you doing such high rep ranges is going to help in terms of size. But it may help your endurance if thats what your goals are.. I think that if you want to up your intensity you might want to do less total sets per excersise focusing on like 2 to 3 wrking sets to failure at 75 to 85% of your 1 rep max last set maybe incorporate a drop set

chest6 is offline Banned
    I dont really think you can teach intensity. Intensity is something you have to put yourself through. Its all mental imo.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Date a girl and catch her cheating on you. If that doesn't give you intensity for a workout, I dont know what will.

chest6 is offline Banned
    lol...I caught my ex cheatin on me once..went straight to the gym..I was hitting 20+ lb PR's left and right

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^nice fender bender will get the blood pumping too, I had one today, a COP hit me!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Hmm...what happens when a cop hits you. Does the city pay for it or what?

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn Chest, sorry man. I would be pissed the F off. Probably rip her head off first, than go to the gym, most likely beat all my bests.

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Hmm...what happens when a cop hits you. Does the city pay for it or what?
    No one was charged and they just said to call my insurance company and tell them I was in an accident. I filled out an accident report and said he crossed the edge of the lane and bumped me. Cop was in his own car, it was a jetta, and he sideswipped me on the highway.

sorry for hijacking the thread, if you want to increase intensity try taking shorter rests between sets and supersetting some of them.

krusher is offline Junior Member
    supersets+less rest

Quote Originally Posted by krusher
    supersets+less rest
    we gots a parrot haha

krusher is offline Junior Member
    just agreeing with ya its good to hear when more than one person agrees on something

Thread Information