edraven29 is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up dorian yates was ahead of is time

Hi guys, i see lots of you have pics of dorian, well i have always respected him becose of is various interviews and articles in BB magazines.

He was the first one to advocate training with heavy weights and max intensity, taking lots of rest days, and sticking with basic exercices.

He was amazing and is still even if he doesnt compete anymore, i think that he add the best body ever, and even ronnie coleman the current mr O.

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Me and the Missus train at Temple a few times a year. The Missus has trained with Dorian and has been to lunch with him, he still big and hard and a very intellegent man.

Best Is British!

BA

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Dorian Yates the man "The Shadow"

Yep his training techniques were eye openers and a lot of people frowned upon them.There are loads of stories about how he has strapped bodyparts up so much just to continue working them.

He is awesome and of course he,s English ....what more could you possibly add?

Ok I know the current MR O is from the US!!!!!

Billy

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i've got dirt on dorian

i work in a club in NYC so i meet alot of celebrities.well one night back in november i was working and dorian and ronnie coleman were in there.they were on complete opposite sides of teh club and didn't say one word to each other.ronnie was w/ his crew of little wanna be bloated juicers.well anyway, dorian was leaning on my bar w/ some nasty stripper breast implant queen being more than friendly.isn't he married???well, i introduced myself to be nice.let's face it, outside of the BB world he is no celebrity in the US.so anyway, my friend wanted to meet him.so i took him over to dorian and introduced my friend.this fucking nobody says to my friend,"oh, i'm not dorian yates.i get that all the time" and blew him off.what a f***ing bastard.hey, i respect everything he has done to acheive BB superiority, but come on, ask a random person on the street who dorian yates is and they would be like who??he needs to realize that he is famous in a very small subculture of the world.jordan is an athlete who is universal famous.even though he's a dick too.he needs to keep his ego in check because besides guys liek us no one knows who teh fuck he is.

Not the Dorain I met.

He getting divorced!

BA

not knocking him

oh i'm not knocking him at all.it was just an experience i had that related to this board.i'm sure he's a good guy

Mike Guest
    Tell me if I am wierd guys....but I have NO interest or desire to follow professional bodybuilding and who won what title and who is on what stack.......you know I have no interest in watching IFBB or Olympia contests etc.......just doesn't do a damn thing for me - I should note this though - I DO watch the WSM contests....so what's up? Am I wierd? lol

Kullman is offline Member
    Mike I am w/ you on this one. I have a lot of respect for all the guys for the body they have achieved, but I don't care about the sport at all. It is all politics, the same guy wins until he retires. I could really care less though how they do......I worry more about how I do and my physique.

Kull

Mike Guest
    cool - was just wondering - thats how i feel too - not to say there is anything wrong with following the sport at all - I think its great - just not for me - I mean I dont watch football either but dont think those that do are 'wrong' by some means

i'm down w/ you guys

i can't understand why people are all into the guys.i hear guys like,"oh, so and so is my idol".what the fuck is that?!these pro's inject, swallow, and rub every compound on earth to win like $5000 if they win a contest.yeah they get some sposorship, but the $$ is shit.all teh major supplement companies expoit them to stupid young guys who think they are some kind of role models.i don't give a shit what these bloated fucks eat, drinks,sleep, or whether they win lose or drop dead.wow, mr olympia wins like $15,000.that's like nothing.i could imagine aspiring to be a pro bodybuilder,hahahahaha.what a joke.you're definately not alone guys.i think it's absolutely rediculous.i care about how I look and what it does for MY career.i'm not into BB contests, but i must say frank zane had the best physique in BB.these fat fucks today look like they swallow half a dozen pumpkins w/ their distended abs!!!they are disgusting, girls find it repulsive, and i just laugh.hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.the jokes on you ronnie coleman and all you other pro freaks.enjoy the attention of young boys and their fragile egos that make them want to look like you pro bodybuilders while it last; because no one really gives a fuck.

Ok I think everyone has their own valid point here.Yep are some pro,s who,s egos are bigger than their bodies but there are great bodybuilders who have done a lot to promote the sport.

No Mike you are not weird I enjoy Martial Arts but I never follow it outside of my club OK I buy BB mags to see whats going on and I would like to go to an Mr O just to see how big some of these guys are but thats just me.

As for following it no I don,t do that really but they are no better than us they just take more gear and and don,t have jobs so they can dedicate all their time to BB

Politics well that is apparant in every sport!!

Just MO
    Billy

physio_sport is offline Banned
    for all people who read bodybuilding mags they alway say why this Mr. O isnt televised or more famous the thing is nobody apart from possibly gays or women really wants to see breif wearing naked men on a stage with a fake tan and super shiny oil on ther body now do they.
    its ok too want to be big but the problem with some big people is there ego & confidence levels are sky high and they think there untoucable.

So people who read BB mags are possibly gay ?Oh sweetie you getting me all hot and bothered talking like that what with all that oil briefs and hard bodies what can I say? LOL

Hey bro I have no probs if someone is gay and yeah you could be right but I read it for the nutrition articles more than anything and then there are the fitness articles sure they show pictures of the blokes and lets face it if you did,nt want to look a bit like it you would,nt BB but then there are the fitness ladies to gawp at!!!

Billy

whoops! i wrote that post a bit wrong what i was trying to say was that watching on stage etc.. not mags..
    because i read them too for info and trainning advice.

Man, i think you want to give up. I've been to BB shows and I'm not gay, and I didn't see to many gays there either!

Come on Bro, I think what to THinK before you post!

Otherwise you may piss someone off, which may not bother you today or tommorrow, but eventually you may need advice and you never want to burn your bridges.

Ok subject closed.

BA

No harm done physio-sport I took it as a laugh and know what you meant but I,d take BA advice your digging a big hole!! Bail out whilst you can!!

Billy

its just a bit of a laugh lads dont get so wound up!.

Hey its cool bro

Billy

18, I suppose I'll let you off. I didn't think much then either! LOL

Fuck me I'm getting old when little boys tell me to calm down LOL.

Thats why the internet is shite, there's always some cocky arsehole who thinks he's the man.......try it in person PAL!

BA

big al

i might be young by age, but im old by life experience.

I thought I was exp at 18 ......you get to 20 and realise yeah you were but not as much as 20 and then you get to 22 and think yeah I was at 20 but not as much as 22- and so it goes on throughout the reat of your life.......hopefully it will never change b,c your always learning.

Be cool

Billy

cleverlandshark2001 is offline Junior Member
    What a riot!

LOL!~

CYCLEON Guest
    Originally posted by Billy Boy
    I thought I was exp at 18 ......you get to 20 and realise yeah you were but not as much as 20 and then you get to 22 and think yeah I was at 20 but not as much as 22- and so it goes on throughout the reat of your life.......hopefully it will never change b,c your always learning.
    well, wait till u get MY age - youl wondered how you ever made it though your 20s

Also - Dorian was trained by Mentzer, i believe, for several of his major O wins. That also where he got into the HIT training

He did follow Mentzer ways of training and I,m not sure if he trained with him ?? Big Al??

Billy

Yep Yates trained with Menzter, but Yates didn't follow his exact technqiues. I don't believe Menzter trained Dorian for any Mr. O's though, he's too into himself for that, he liked to lead not follow in the gym. Its true Yates style was borne out of a menzter style but I think he made it his own, and he would do multiple exercises per bodypart where most of menzter rountines would have been one exericses with multiple failures in one set.

Oh if you guys pick up GNC's LiveWell Mag this month (UK Edition) you see Yates and me bird!

I was standing behind Yates so I'm no where to be seen LOL

BA

Hey I got that on Sat and read the article bit I,ll have another look tonight!!

Billy

Thread Information