Hammersmashedface is offline Junior Member

Chest excercises

What chest excercises develop which part of chest?I'm trying to develop my whole chest symmetrically.Upper and inside need it most.Also what part of chest does decline bench target?Thanks.

pwerfll1 is offline Banned
    decline lower chest
    inclne upper chest

Hammersmashedface is offline Junior Member
    bump

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    IMO, no matter what you do your chest contracts together as a whole, but you can EMPHASIZE certain areas using differnt angles (I.E. Incline, flat, decline.) so the choice is yours.

But the biggest thing you can do is develop a stong connection from your brain to your chest (or any muscle group for that matter.) So the next time you train chest, and for example, you want to do incline db bench. before you even pic up the weight place your hand on your upper chest and go through the motion of the lift. Feel with your hand where the biggest contraction is. Maybe a 45 degree angle is to steep, maybe 35 degrees is to low.

Dont let benchs and angles dictate which part of the chest your working, let your mind dictate that.

This post may seem redundant but I am shocked at how many lifters dont do this. Seemingly just "going through the motions"

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    also while im at it.....

Try db pullovers lying across a bench. It takes a bit of practice but it really taxes the upper/inward part of the chest if done correctly, Especially after incline benchs with incline flys.

Dips on dipping bars are really good not only for lower/outer portion of the chest but are sometimes refered to as "Upper Body Squats."

another tip for dips....the more you lean forward the more you empasize the chest and the more upright you are the more it taxes tris. try keeping your legs forward and slightly tucked in a seated postion instead of behind and bent for better upright balance.

Thread Information