Thread: rest days?

scrapakilla is offline Associate Member

rest days?

I work out 5 days a week what owuld be more beneficial for me ion regards to rest.
    mon- friday workouts with a full weekend to recover?
    or
    working out on monday tuesday thursday friday and saturday and strategically pllacing the rest days between each other to recover from every few workouts.

Which one do you guys use has anyone had experience with resting in any of these forms, if so tell your experiences on how you recovered using you respected schemes. Thanks

HSFootball is offline Associate Member
    I would just do your lifting days on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. On Wednesday or Saturday you can fit in some abs, some extra arm workouts, or just go out and run. I feel new when I start each week.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Give each body part at least 5-7 days of rest depending on how intense your workout is. Remember rest is probably the most important factor in determining how well you will proceed. A lot of people hinder themselves by thinking that the harder they train the more results they will get. Which is true to a point, however your body needs rest between bouts of exercise to fully recover, adapt and grow. Not everyone's body will act alike some people train each body part 2 times a week or more. Some can only do it once a week. Listen to your body to determine the proper amount of rest and when to do it. Factor in muscle groups that are worked in to different body part days. For example when you do leg days and are doing squats. Your postural muscles get a heavy workout. Remember that when you plan your rest day and your next back day. Also your hamstrings are worked quit a bit when doing some back exercises. Same when planning shoulders, any pressing exercise will work you shoulders. So plan your rest on how well you body feels. The 5-7 days of rest for each is fairly general but is a good way to help plan your rest days.

Thread Information