Thread: cardio problem

G00dfella55 is offline New Member

cardio problem

I recently started doing cardio in the morning. My goal is to be able to go 45 minutes at 65-70% HR without stopping. I havnt ran much since my senior year of lacrosse 2 years ago so I do have to work to get my stamina up to not stop but i can usually go for a long time. Recently around the 20th minute my left foot starts to go numb ( like a pins and needles feeling). Around the 30th minute it gets to almost a painful feeling and I stop around 35 minutes because i honestly cant feel my foot. Anyone ever have this problem?? I was thinking maybe a switch to the olyptical(spelling?lol) would do some good. Any input would help.... its kinda bothering the shit out of me

TR'05 is offline Member
    I take it you are jogging right now bro?

I haven't had that problem, although I know the feeling you are talking about and it sounds quite weird to experience while running as, for me, it is usually a sensation caused by lack of circulation (i.e. when my foot falls asleep).

I would suggest trying the eliptical to see if it helps, or trying an incline walk on a treadmill. You really should not have too much trouble going for 45 minutes straight in the THR zone, unless you have really let yourself go since lacrosse. Good luck.

G00dfella55 is offline New Member
    It's not like im takin it easy... and i havnt let myself go, i never really quite lifting but the cardio i stayed away from. I have gotten heavy and with being in college and the extra drinking I put on more extra weight. I cut the drinking down and now that st pattys has past im not gonna drink at all for a while. i was talking to my father about it and he thought it might have to do with ankle problems i had earlier in my life. Well see what the eliptical does tomarrow morning.

Thread Information