Thread: calves work out

kfrost06 is offline Banned

calves work out

I have always had proportional small calves. Even when I hit them hard thay will get ripped but show little to no growth. Anyone that has had a similar problem and developed a work out that works to grow them I would LOVE to hear of your routine. Sometimes I wonder if I am overtraining them and other times I wonder if I just need to hit them harder.

So big calfed people what exercises, # of sets, and frequency of work outs do you do to get those things big. Thanks for any help you can offer.

gigem is offline Banned
    imho its hard to overdo calves i generaly work mine 2x week seated donkey and standing ill do high reps one day heavier fewer the next seems to be helping me i have the same prob im pretty tall so it takes alot of work for me but maybe someone else has a beter suggestion

Anyone else?

gigem is offline Banned
    looks like your gonna have little bittie calves forever

gigem is offline Banned
    what is your calf routine?

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    I had a terrible time in the beginning really get that mind muscle connection with my calves..... I find that sled work is amazing for them just throw like 4 plates on the sled and concentrate on the deepest stretch you can get and pause for a second and they hardest contraction and pause for a second... its amazing.....

Quote Originally Posted by gigem
    what is your calf routine?
    Currently, I start with standing calf raises and do 6-8 sets of 20-10reps, first two sets kinda lightfor 20 reps and keep increasing till I get to heavy weight and can only do about 10 reps. After standing raises I get on the leg press and do 3-5 sets of 10-12reps doing raises with toes pointing in then toes pointing out. Finally I top it off with 1-3 sets of seated raises.

HSFootball is offline Associate Member
    For me I don't do any calf workouts. Calves are my synergists for squat, but if i really want them to get bigger i just jog for about 15 minutes at very slow pace and the next day they are big.

Thread Information