Thread: Overtraining??

SP1
    SP1 is offline Associate Member

Question Overtraining??

Wuz up fellas. I was wondering how fighters can train 2-3 hours in the morning and then again at night. They do this 6times a weks and they are in great shape and not overtrained. I have a friend who fights in the UFC. The guy trains from 7:30 to 10:30 weights and running. Then he rests in the afternoon or does other errands then he does cardio and sparring at night. He is a shredded 155 and he does not feel overtrained??? I don't think he will be able to compete for a bodybuilding competition but if you wanted more of a fighters physique and you trained like that and ate good would you be fine. Because it's not just him I have read about 100's of athletes in all sports that train like that! I am interested to know different opinions on this.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Yeah hes 155 lbs. Training like that he wouldnt be able to grow a large physique.

SP1
    There are some that are 205 and train like that! You will not be a bodybuilder but will you get in shape without overtraining?

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member
    they arent really training for size they are training for endurance and strength

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjetsfan86
    they arent really training for size they are training for endurance and strength

Bingo! These guys arent that huge muscle wise but they have tons of endurance.

SP1
    Most of them end up shredded!

yes they are shredded bc of the type of training they are doing, and its not like they are lifting weights for 3 hours straight they are working on their fighting techniques and cardio as well so its a lot of different things they are doing

SP1
    So that kind of hard endurance training would be good if you needed to lean up quick. Witjout expecting to gain muscle mass but you will look leaner?

RA
    Yeah you will look leaner and dont expect your muscles to stay the same size. For a body builder that is overtraining. You ever see tito do a double bicep pose? If they were guns theyd be maybe .22 caliber

haha thats also bc fighters dont care about biceps they are useless when it comes to fighting

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    ummmm, just about all of them juice.

I have a friend that writes programs and test MMA athletes and they pretty much all are on. It would be pretty hard to do that sport naturally with that type of training.

ufc fighters arent juicing

Blog Entries
    neither is Barry Bonds

ok completly different, look at the difference in barry bonds over the years, ufc fighters dont look like that they arent all jacked up they have fighters bodies

Blog Entries
    You dont have to take roids, or GH to get huge. the way they cycle it is more for recovery and strength. Take it from someone that knows, a large large percentage of them are using some sort of AAS or GH. I have been training and testing athletes for a long time and I cant always tell when someones on. If you can train twice a day for 2 hrs 6 days a week and not have injury after injury after injury, plus MRSA infections or a weak immune system then you need some sort of enhancement. Thats not to say that all of them are on. I would just guess its something along the lines of NFL players. Of course you have athletes that are just genetic wonders but believe me they are few and far between. And Im not saying that its wrong for them to use. Its a brutal sport that take huge demands on the body.

When I get my doctorate and work awhile I think Im actually going to specialize in combat athletes. Its such a awesome sport to advise athletes, i have seen anaerobic power tests on these guys that are almost double that of other types of athletes pound for pound. Not to mention that after an extreme burst of power they can recover much fast than someone that plays basketball or soccer which are typically considered the standard in comparing recovery in athletes that use both endurance and power outputs to compete.

agree to disagree

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjetsfan86
    agree to disagree
    Thats cool,

not trying to say your wrong or anything just going from my experiances. Im sure if varies from gym to gym as well. I know the gym I trained MMA at nobody juiced because a bunch of the police detectives from my home town trained there to. Hence why I dont train there anymore.

hahaha thats kinda funny

Thread Information