Thread: How many lifts?

lil-SLIM is offline Member

How many lifts?

how many are ideal per day? per body part? how many times do u train a muscle group in a week?

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil-SLIM
    how many are ideal per day? per body part? how many times do u train a muscle group in a week?
    there is alot to that, it ***end on what you are trying to get out of your workout.
    So what are your stats and what are you goals?

I'm 6'3 190-200 lbs

I'm looking to get about 10 more lbs of lbm

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    There are still other factors too. How long have you been lifting, how often are you going right now? How's your diet and your sleep? I know it may sound dumb but diet, rest, and training will greatly effect how much you can train. Another big factor is if your on gear and your age and on top of that you will have to listen to your body, it will tell you if your overtraining. I currently hit every body part once a week, I lift heavy and intense so I go 1 on and 1 off. When I take gear I kick it up to 2on 1 off and hit everybody part once every 5 days. The main thing is listen to your body.

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    The question is way too broad. There are so many different things to consider. Everyone is different... and everyone AND their brother has a different opinion.

My advice... try different approaches, until you find one that works best for you. Ultimatley that is what you will end up doing anyway.

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    from what little info you have given us i would say eat alot and lift on a regular basis and you will surly can some lbs

2 years lifting, 210 5'11 16 percent, cutting with cals around 2,200. 20 min pwo cardio and 40 min am cardio.

Current Split

Monday: Chest 12 sets Bis 6 sets
    Tuesday: Legs 15 sets
    Wednesday: Back 13 sets Tris 6 sets
    Thursday: Shoulders 12 sets Traps 6 sets
    Friday: Biceps 6 sets Triceps 6 sets, supersets for each, abs
    Saturday:Rest
    Sunday: Rest

-Reps are mostly in the 8-12 range with my compound squats, deads, bench usually being 4 sets of 8 and the supplementing workouts 3-4 sets of 12 with 60 seconds rest.

- The way my split works is every muscle that I seem to hit gets 48 hours rest before it gets hit again impartially through secondary excercises that hit it. I.E Chest monday, Thursday Shoulder - Biceps monday, Biceps again with back on wednesday.

- Workout usually takes me 40-50 minutes with the cardio following it.

So the question is, do you think im overtraining.

ive been training for 6 yrs or so im 22 now

my diet is spot on I sleep plenty...

I currently lift every body part once a week but i do chest twice a week one heavy day one light, I go 5 days a week to the gym

Thread Information