Ajc330 is offline Senior Member

cardio correctly?

hey all....ive been starting my cxardio for the past few weeks or so and ive read around that idealy you should do 220-age x .65 which would equal about 141...so i keep my rate between 141-151 throughout a 35-45 minute period on the t-mill. my questions are: 1: is that enough time on the t-mill? i do cardio on my off days which is 3 days a week is 35-45 minutes enough? or should i go longer? 2: im doing a fast paced walk throughout the cardio session...iis that normal? i was expecting more of a jog of so****rt instead of a walk...i am sweating from it though but that isnt saying much for me because i sweat alot from doing nothing...all input will be appreciated.

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Youre in the "fat burning zone" which is what you want for BB. How much and how long ***ends on your goals. 20-40 minutes per session is the normal and you can do cardio up to 6 days in a row (doing cardio 7 days a week natural can be catabolic). The pace that youre experiencing is fine.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajc330
    hey all....ive been starting my cxardio for the past few weeks or so and ive read around that idealy you should do 220-age x .65 which would equal about 141...so i keep my rate between 141-151 throughout a 35-45 minute period on the t-mill. my questions are: 1: is that enough time on the t-mill? i do cardio on my off days which is 3 days a week is 35-45 minutes enough? or should i go longer? 2: im doing a fast paced walk throughout the cardio session...iis that normal? i was expecting more of a jog of so****rt instead of a walk...i am sweating from it though but that isnt saying much for me because i sweat alot from doing nothing...all input will be appreciated.
    BTW congrats on your 3rd B-day.... 220-3 x .65= 141.05 So if you happen to be more like 20yo your target range would be 220-20 x.65-.70 or 130-140 =P

wut u talkin bout 3rd bday??

skank is offline Member
    Your calculation result was correct for a 3 year old. The result of 141. No big deal. The 220 base # is a very rough estimate anyway. My max is 190 and I am 49. See , the 220-age doesnt work for me. But lets say the 220-age is correct for you, just stay above 130. I doesn't matter if you are walking, jogging or running. The bottom line is the heartrate. See running or jogging fast may actually put you out of the fat burn range like 150+. I don't see that as a tragedy, just don't get carried away.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajc330
    wut u talkin bout 3rd bday??
    Ya dude I just messin with you..... 220- your age x .65 and .7

ahh i see my mistake.

Thread Information