Thread: Calves

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member

Calves

Is it normal for this muscle to be sore for three days straight? sorry i do not know which forum this would be under...

frignugs is offline Associate Member
    Have you recently upgraded your calf routine???

My calfs can be sore up to 2 days after, but usually are normal by day 3

Show us youy calf routine......

Friggggggg

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    my left calve is sometimes sore for three days, only cuz i drive a 5spd, lol. You could be doing way too many excersise and just trashing your calves, post you calve routine like frigggggggg, lol, said.

haha ok will do thanks for the help...well i just incorporate them into my legs but here is my leg routine i am sure some of these exercises effect calves...
    squat
    leg press
    calf raises
    supersets of leg extensions and lying leg curls
    lunges

this usually will trash my legs and it feels so good, as my lifts are so much stronger form the previous work i like this routine a lot...so i did legs thursday and it is sunday and i still feel it in my calves but very faint, also my thighs..
    also i eat like 300 carbs a day 250 protein atleast 3000 calories eat so much ^^

on calf raises though i really contract and i go past the burn for another 5-7 reps and i can barely stand up after calf raises, is this just me working the muscle or can i come to an injury?

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    I've worked my calves so hard before I had them sore for over a week. They got worse the first 2 days and by the end of day 2 into day 3 I could not even walk. It actually hurt to touch my calf or move my ankle up, it sucked. I got mine from doing too much on the standing calf raises, I overtrained them to make up for missing them so many times. Ahh the stupid things I've done and paid the price. For some reason, I have to ease into calves if I don't hit them for ahwile.

pvit486 is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, I did that before, I went to a new job and went crazy on calves. The way it was hurtin', I thought I at least put 2 inches on my calves, but unfortunately not. But I feel you.

skank is offline Member
    I usually do seated calf(soleus) raises on quad day and standing or extended leg calf raises(gastrocnemius) on ham day. If I skip one of those muscles in a week, then the next time I usually pay with 4 days of calf pain.

wow intense stuff

Thread Information