Thread: Chest problem

bmfwalton is offline New Member

Chest problem

Yes my right pec is smaller then my left which I have heard many times. I've had MRI's gone to many doctors etc. No answers. Doing many different things as suggested on the forums but there is one I can't figure out. When I bench either with a barbell or dumbells I can get my right pec sore but my right lat gets really sore to. My left lat does not. I really concentrate on form and have read many posts on technique. What am I missing? It may not be technique do to my shoulders problems but if it is technique what can I possibly be doing on my right side that makes my right lat sore but not my left?

boostedevo8 is offline Associate Member
    have you tried other ches excersises like flys and cables?

when you perform a bench press at what angle are your arms from your body 45 degree? or 90 degree

by the way is your left arm usually stronger then the right?

in the end if theres nothing your doing wrong then try some of th hammer strength machines ....those let you press with each arm freely......try that for a bit and see if the other pec catches up....

I've done flys and cables. Flys put pressure on my shoulder so I try not to do them a whole lot. Cables are good but I cant get sore with them.

When I bench my elbows are tucked into my sides, the bar is directly inline with my wrist and elbows, I press my shoulder blades together...etc.

My left arm isn't stronger, but it is bigger. My whole left side is bigger. I am right handed though.

I forgot to mention this in the last post but hammer strength machines were all I used to do. The problem with these were my right pec wouldn't get sore and my right lat would get super sore. At least with barbell and dumbell presses I can get the pec sore. This is what bothers me bc on the hammer strength I'm looking straight into a mirror and I can't tell a difference in form between my left and right to make my left pec sore and just my right lat sore.

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Meh im the same way, was born like that ^_^. If you can't even out to much then just get used to it. For my my ribcage is slightly angled so the left side juts out a little more which is why my left pec is bigger/looks bigger.

boostedevo8 is offline Associate Member
    hmm lol I don't think there is a way do measure a individual pec is there???

hey don't feel too bad....my right pec looks a bit wider then my left....lol

no ones perfect.....

even if I didn't care about the size, what could be going on if my lat is getting sore?

Thread Information