new workout plan please help

i want to take the advise i was given to train only one muscle a day, but before i start i need to know how many exercises yall do for each muscle. i just read a thread that said do 6-8 set per muscle. does that mean 6-8 set pure exercises or 6-8 exercises per muscle. i do 3-5 exercises and 3 good set(after warm up) on each muscle. what are yall suggestion for this type of workout.

mon back
    tues chest
    wed legs
    thurs off
    fri shoulders
    sat arms
    sun off

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    That's my current routine, enjoy.

i beleive u gave me the advice, now i just need to figure out the amount exercises, sets.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    im currently doing a 1 bodypart per day routine. I do the order: chest, shoulders, back, arms, legs.

For the most part, I do 4-5 exercises per bodypart, except arms I do 3-4 bis and 2-3 tris. I do 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps.

This has worked for me. If you need a starting point, then you could start there and alter as you feel necessary. Im sure others feel the same, others feel different. You just need to start somewhere, see how you feel, and then alter it based on your body's response.

i dont know if its because of the work i do or what, but i can i do a lot of exercises with lots of heavy reps and hardly ever if like i have to stop. my workout partner always tells me im over doing it, because he cant keep going like me. i just dont know when i should stop my workout. most of the time i just do whatever he does and call it a day. so i guess i should just do my own thing and stop when my muscle tell me to.
    Last edited by rabidsquirrel; 06-08-2007 at 05:44 AM.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidsquirrel

mon back
    tues chest
    wed legs
    thurs off
    fri shoulders
    sat arms
    sun off
    How the fck are you going to be able to deads on mon and squats on weds???

as far as how many exercises I do I like

Back: 5-6
    Chest:5
    Quads:4
    Calves:2
    Hams:3
    Shoulders:5
    Bis:3
    Tris:4

and do anywhere from 3-10 sets in the 4-20 rep range, pretty broad huh?

thanks for the info, i dont do squats anymore anyway because of my knees, but i could always change out legs and arms. set and reps i can handle because im alway changing that anyway. it was the amount of exercises i was wondering about. im starting to think half the stuff i was taught about lifting was wrong. this forum has been a great tool.

Decoder is offline Banned
    that work out is the average ive done it off and on for years, you can get steady gains over the years with a work out like that.

Thread Information