shin splint in forarms

when ever i lift i get pain in my forearms that feel like shin splints. some times they get so bad i can bearly work out. any ideas.

bump anyone

deadlifts is offline Banned
    i get a bad pain in my forums to when i'm using dumbells. bump for an answer on this as well.

frank2738 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    u might have sprained your wrists. i know 2 days ago i was "kicking up" dbells for some incline presses and i got the same feeling u are describing. i tried to do some curls after i finished doing chest and i couldnt because of the pain. i took to days off. iced it and took motrin and i am feeling better. will be doing back tonight. i think a pulling exercise will be better than a pressing/curiling one right now. i felt the pain when i sqeezed my forearms. try wristwraps if the pain doesnt go away if u must workout. good luck.

hawkeye1877 is offline Associate Member
    I had the same thing. Went to the doc who took x-rays and the whole bit said basicaly what i had was 'shin splints' of the forarm. It came from one muscle being bigger than the other or something along that line. It hurt the worst and for a few days afterward bad when i would do curls with a straight or EZ bar. I took about a month off doing curls and now avoid doing curls with the bar. Had no problems. Thought it was gone and started doing curls with the bar and the pain came back. So for me i just quit doing curls with the bar all together. Oddly enough it doesn't hurt when i use just dumbells. Had to rework my workout rutine a bit but now that im' not doing the bar again no pain.

takedownII is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye1877
    I had the same thing. Went to the doc who took x-rays and the whole bit said basicaly what i had was 'shin splints' of the forarm. It came from one muscle being bigger than the other or something along that line. It hurt the worst and for a few days afterward bad when i would do curls with a straight or EZ bar. I took about a month off doing curls and now avoid doing curls with the bar. Had no problems. Thought it was gone and started doing curls with the bar and the pain came back. So for me i just quit doing curls with the bar all together. Oddly enough it doesn't hurt when i use just dumbells. Had to rework my workout rutine a bit but now that im' not doing the bar again no pain.
    thats EXACTLY my situation. it hurts when i do curls with a straight bar but i can do dumbbells. i hate that as i think it's easier to put on mass for biceps by doing heavy cheats with a straight. so i should treat this as i would shin splints then?

ironically i had horrible shin splints too. is their some connection? weak tendons maybe?

maybe i need so time off then. mine started off the same way hurting when i did straight bar, but now it almost doesnt matter what i do. curls and shrugs are the worst, something it feels like my forearms are gonna explode.

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    The two bones in your forearm are the radius and ulna. When pronating and supinating, during some lifts like curls, the 2 bones will rotate and that could cause some pressure or uncomfort which could feel like a "shin splint."

is there anything you can do about this.

Quote Originally Posted by kaberle_15
    The two bones in your forearm are the radius and ulna. When pronating and supinating, during some lifts like curls, the 2 bones will rotate and that could cause some pressure or uncomfort which could feel like a "shin splint."

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    I have the same problem as you...

I hate it cuz I love the straight bar but it kills my wrists//forearms.

So the simple solution for me is the ez bar.

Thread Information