john vega is offline Associate Member

devising routine and need help

guys, hows everyone. good morning and afternoon to all.

i have this routine in which i desire to hit every muscle 5 days apart from itself. say it hit biceps on mon. od like 2 hit it again 5 days later giving it ample recovery and at the same time not letting it atrophy passed the sixth day of neglectance. ive managed this..but my problem is getting legs to occur on the 5th day. this is what it looks like ive come up with and havent yet started.

Day-1 Upper chest, front delts, biceps
    Day2- rear delts, side delts, triceps
    day 3- legs, calves, abs
    off
    day 4- back, traps
    day 5- mid-lower chest, upper pecs, biceps
    day6- side delts, rear delts, triceps
    off

heres the problem/ if i now proceed and hit legs and follow up with back..it falls into a rotating schedule of six days apart.

im not concerned with hitting front delts twice a week because of all the indirect work that comes into play. im not concerned with mid-lower twice cause its a stronger attribute of mine as opposed to the upper portion of my chest. but legs is my stumbling block here every 5th day.
    any ideas or suggestions on how to maintain a split like this; moreover, hittting even legs every 5th day. if it has to be revised a bit..all comments and suggestions welcomed. however, id like to keep the basic format for the most part. looking for a little tweak here and there..for i am stumbling..

thankx guys..

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    I do not think it wise to break up shoulders, i.e. front delts day 1 and rear delts day 2. same with the chest. Do the whole muscle one day.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    1- chest/ delts
    2. back bis
    3. legs
    4. off
    5. chest/tris
    6. back/bis
    7. legs
    8. off

every muscle is hit twice in 5 days

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    thats not somthing I would do personally, but its what your asking for

eviltang is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john vega
    guys, hows everyone. good morning and afternoon to all.

i have this routine in which i desire to hit every muscle 5 days apart from itself. say it hit biceps on mon. od like 2 hit it again 5 days later giving it ample recovery and at the same time not letting it atrophy passed the sixth day of neglectance. ive managed this..but my problem is getting legs to occur on the 5th day. this is what it looks like ive come up with and havent yet started.

Day-1 Upper chest, front delts, biceps
    Day2- rear delts, side delts, triceps
    day 3- legs, calves, abs
    off
    day 4- back, traps
    day 5- mid-lower chest, upper pecs, biceps
    day6- side delts, rear delts, triceps
    off

heres the problem/ if i now proceed and hit legs and follow up with back..it falls into a rotating schedule of six days apart.

im not concerned with hitting front delts twice a week because of all the indirect work that comes into play. im not concerned with mid-lower twice cause its a stronger attribute of mine as opposed to the upper portion of my chest. but legs is my stumbling block here every 5th day.
    any ideas or suggestions on how to maintain a split like this; moreover, hittting even legs every 5th day. if it has to be revised a bit..all comments and suggestions welcomed. however, id like to keep the basic format for the most part. looking for a little tweak here and there..for i am stumbling..

thankx guys..
    If I understand correctly, you want to maximize the recovery time of each muscle correct? Having said that, I think we would need to see specific workout routines you plan on doing.

The reason for that is you may do a compound exercise on say chest that is hitting your triceps really hard. So from day one, you have already wiped your tris and chest. Then on day 2 you try to rip tris again. This seems counter productive to your goal. So...let us know what movements (i.e. bench press, cable curls, etc) you plan on doing for each day.

This way we might be able to help/critique better.

Thats my $.02. Im am not an expert, its a poorly educated guess.

john vega is offline Associate Member
    its not a poorly educated guess. its actutally a very good one. and i have an answer to that inquiry. i ABUSE upper chest on my first training day with compound movements..bout 3 hard working sets after several warm-ups gradually building up with db presses 35 degree angle..than ill use a different tempo on the smith machine..45 degree angle to the clavicle is where i press..

now. to answer your question...on day 2...when i hit triceps, lets remember that most beginners wud feel sore that it wud neglect recovery in the tricep comportment. I, however, have lifting experience, and am not the least bit sore the next day on my tri's so i can go close-grip, decline skull crushers with dubmells, and seated dips with no problem... if u notice..i even break it up later in my week. on my 2nd try with chest...i hit tri's with it and totaly annhilate it. breaks up the monotony and keeps the body guessing. ur question was an excellent question. i need as much questioning as possible to narrow this dillemna i have down.

Thread Information