lookintogetbig is offline Junior Member

biceps wont go over 17 in.!!

22 years old, 6ft. 3in., 260lb lifting since I was 12. About 15% bf. Have been lifting 3 days a week HARD for 10 weeks consistantly. At the start of 10 weeks Biceps were 17 inches and have not changed. Usually train my biceps between between 6-10 reps. Eat enough calories, maybe on the too much side. I'm gaining strength but no measurable size all though they do apear to be thicker. Have been working my triceps alot too. They have made strength gains more so than my biceps, yet arms are still 17 in.

Workout changes from workout to workout because I want my muscles to stay confused. But usually stay with basics, EZ bar curls, preacher curls. Usually 3 exercises 3 sets each 6-10 reps depending on weather Im going heavy or relatively light for more reps. Dont have dumbells so I cant do individual arm curls. Been supplementing with Muscletech sups. Gakic and Leukic and creatine. All legal supps. purchased at GNC.

Any advice?

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Sounds like your on the right track, so keep doing what youre doing. If your diet, rest, and training is spot on, the only thing that will prevent you from getting to your goals are your genetics.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small
    Sounds like your on the right track, so keep doing what youre doing. If your diet, rest, and training is spot on, the only thing that will prevent you from getting to your goals are your genetics.
    My first thoughts exaclty...LOL.. Heres my advise to you lookintoogetbig -use less weight on arm exercises and concentrate on using impeccable form in the 8-10 rep range. 2 seconds up-pause-2 seconds down. Next, drop the exercises back to only 2 per body part and do 5 sets a piece for 4 weeks. "ALWAYS" use the same exercises. Less exercises will allow specific adapations to occur in the arms. Following the 4 week blast, un-load by dropping to 6 sets total (3 sets per exercise)for 2 week and your arms should be noticeably bigger in 6 week, especially if you are just starting out.

Are you training arms after the upper torso? What does your split look like?

You are a Big Dude!
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 09-03-2007 at 08:35 PM.

jojo2002 is offline Associate Member
    to add the above mention.. there a 3 types of movements... which of course can't remember there names but easiest way i remember when training a body part you three different positions.. for example chest... incline, decline, military..for arms i usely make sure i do excercise that use my hands in front of my body like a preacher curl than maybe do hammer curl arms by the body and seating on a incline bench with hands behind body.. i know you dont have dumbells but hope this help..

Stabone is offline Banned
    I'd like to see your workout too! Are you doing arms on their own day? You might be doing too much depending on how your split looks. Like Slingshot said, lighten up on biceps. Keep in mind that you are 6'3" and it is harder to get big arms because the muscle is so long.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Forget the ez bar...use the 45lber

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    how fast have your legs, lower back, chest, shoulders been progressing?

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    post a general example of the kind of workout you do..without knowing your set/rep ranges and volume its hard for people to advise on what you might want to change up or supplement in other possibilities for without seeing the routine youre doing brotha.

Thread Information