MR_T is offline Member

check out my program guys looking for advice

Hi boys and girls I need some help with my workout program, here's a little background on me. Exactly two years ago I was around 140lbs with 10%bf and decided to start lifting. I did really well for the first six months and was up to around 180lbs with around 13-14%bf by last summer. The first 20-25lbs were the easiest to gain and the rest took a lot of time and hard work. Anyway last summer I was t-boned by a drunk truck driver and couldn't work out for a few months. I had a fractured right humerus and I lost close to 20lbs when they took the cast off 3 months after the accident because of poor diet and not working out. Anyway it has been harder to get back to lifting because of school/work and bad choices(too much partying) but I am back and more dedicated than ever. I would much rather spend my money on gym membership, food and whey and feel great than waste it all on booz and ladies . Anyway I have gained around 10lbs of quality mass the last 2-3 months and I think I have my diet down(i'll make a diet post shortly)

Here are my stats as of today
    172lbs 6" and 23years old, 13-15% bf

my goals are to hit 200lbs by the end of the summer and keep fat gains to a minimum. I am all natural and only use creatine and lots of whey

This is the program I have used, it is realy not showing as much progress as it did when I started lifting two years ago. So guys please help me come up with a better program, right now my chest and abs are really lagging

I do 3 sets of each exercise and try to keep weights as high as possible and sets are usually 10/8/6 wed,sat,Sundays are off, started rotating barbells and dumbbells each week because my right arm is about 3/4" bigger than my left. I am a hard gainer and have to keep proteins above 200g/4000calories to see gains

Monday: Chest, Biceps
    Bench press
    Incline press
    Vertical bench press

Barbell curls
    Dumbbell curls
    EZ-barbell curls

Tuesday: Legs
    Squats (my favorites )
    Leg press
    Hack squats

Thursday: Shoulders, Triceps
    Behind the neck press
    Standing upright rows
    Front overhead press
    Lying triceps press
    Overhead triceps press
    Triceps pushdown

Friday: Back, Calves
    Front latpulldown
    Seated cable rows
    Dumbbell rows
    Standing calf raises
    Seated calf raises
    Bend-over calf raises

sorry about the long post, and also for being the duche trying to be all natural in a steroid forms,,, I am defiantly nowhere near my natural potential

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_T View Post

Monday: Chest, Triceps
    Dips
    Incline Bench
    Flat Bench
    Butterflies or Cable Crossovers

Skullcrushers
    Close Grip Bench
    Angled Bar Pressdowns

Tuesday: Legs
    Squats (my favorites )
    Leg press
    Leg Curls
    Standing and Seated Calf Raises
    Lunges

Thursday: Back, Biceps
    Pull Ups
    Deadlifts
    Bent Over Rows
    T Bar Rows

Standing Barbell Curl
    Preacher EZ Grip Curl
    Dumbell Incline Curl

Friday: Shoulders, Traps
    Military Press
    Side Laterals
    Reverse Butterflies

Shrugs
    Farmers Walk

First off, congrats on getting back into working out and such.

I made some changes in red, of what I would.

Check out the sample bulking diet in the diet section. It will help you tremendously.

My spilt would actually look like

mon-chest/tris
    tues-off
    wens-back/bis
    thur-shoulder/traps
    friday-legs
    sat & sun-off

MR_T is offline Member
    just curious why move tris to mondays? I have been splitting chest and tris up because i thought i could get a better workout by working a different muscle group instead, whats better?

Bccornut is offline Junior Member
    well im not a workout guru but doing chest and tris on the same day is a good split, think about it when you work out your chest its mainly chest but your also using tris, so why not burn both muscle groups out.....it aslo imo makes for a better training schedule training muscle groups that incorporate others if that makes sense..

MR_T is offline Member
    so its been a couple of weeks thought I should update you guys... turns out combining chest and tris does not work so well for me... xlxBigSexyxlx im going to try out your suggestion for a couple more weeks but maybe you guys can help me come out with a better program.

Right now my chest is lagging and I have found that i cant concentrate as much on it when I do tris the same day... when I'm done my arms would be dead and my chest would still have a little left but I would be unable to do anything with it because arms are gone.. Do you guys think i should give this a couple more weeks to adjust or just switch back? or maybe do chest twice a week?

ps I had a body fat test done my official stats are 9.7%(caliper average of 3) body fat, 176lbs as of this morning right out of bed and 6' tall
    Last edited by MR_T; 05-26-2008 at 04:27 PM.

Thread Information