spiromik is offline Junior Member

inner chest development?

hey guys.. been trying to develop my inner chest abit more iv been doing flys, pec deck and cable fly (that arnie does in pumping iron- only way to describe them) was wondering if there is any other exercise that i can add to my routine which really focuses on the inner chest?
    thanks guys hope you can help me out.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    Your grip on presses can help to a degree. The closer your hands are together the more it targets inner chest.

The key thing to remmeber here is that your inner chest and how it looks is all about genetics. Some people have a nice valley in there while I have a little slope.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by spiromik
    hey guys.. been trying to develop my inner chest abit more iv been doing flys, pec deck and cable fly (that arnie does in pumping iron- only way to describe them) was wondering if there is any other exercise that i can add to my routine which really focuses on the inner chest?
    thanks guys hope you can help me out.

You cannot isolate different sections of the chest. But, there is a secret for bringing up lagging areas within a bodypart. It's called doing an isolation movement following a compound movement.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SLINGSHOT TRAINING GURU
    You cannot isolate different sections of the chest. But, there is a secret for bringing up lagging areas within a bodypart. It's called doing an isolation movement following a compound movement.

example?

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Wink Read this!

My upper chest has always lagged behind the middle-outer region, so I needed to figure out a way to make it work harder. Oddly enough, incline presses at all angles affected my anterior deltoids more than my upper chest. The 12-15 degree decline press worked my whole chest the best when I brought the bar down to the middle region, with the strongest part of my chest (mid-outer section) being worked the hardest. After doing decline presses I go to flyes because the strongest section of my pecs are now fatiques and they will not receive any help from the dominant triceps and very little help is forth coming from my anterior delts. In return, this pretty much takes the work away from those two muscle groups (triceps and deltoids) and deters my strongest point (mid-outer pectoral region) from doing as much work. Thus, the lower, inner and upper pecs worked harder and grew as a result!

I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 09-24-2007 at 04:47 PM.

spiromik is offline Junior Member
    thanks guys much appreaciated

MaGiCJNG is offline Associate Member
    Makes sense thanks dude.

bigdog123 is offline Junior Member
    flies, depending on the lagging part (upper inner chest, lower inner chest) and u incline\decline depending on the part..
    also squeeze at the top 4x12 well done keep up the form..

Thread Information