Thread: Squat Problem

nofear is offline Junior Member

Squat Problem

Due to a knee problem, i did not work my legs much this past summer. I have been working them out again the past few weeks. Workouts are mainly squats, SL deadlifts, lunges and calf raises. For squats, I am doing light weights (no more than 225) due to the bad knee. The problem is that I am feeling nothing on the outside of my thigh. I am only getting an intense burn on the inside of my thigh (adductor). I checked my form with video and a personal trainer and all is well. I feel that I should be getting a burn on the outer thigh as well, but im getting nothing. Before my right knee problem, i felt that squats hit the outer thigh muscles very good and felt a good burn. Any thoughts on what the problem is or what adjustments i need to make?

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Did you have some kind of major tear? or damage to the knee or Quadriceps?

takedownII is offline Member
    when i angle my feet outwards and spread my legs further i feel this hits the outside more for me

nofear is offline Junior Member
    Have a tear in my meniscus, several bone spurs and a lot of crap floating around in my knee. Im not getting the surgery until winter. I dont understand why im getting no outer burn. I have experimented with foot position with no luck. Maybe i will try 135 for high reps to pre exhaust and then move up the weight.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    maybe rehab knee more and work on your range of motion... warm up plenty

down the line knee wraps could help

scottish is offline Associate Member
    I try to squat heavy every time. For some reason I have never felt any type of leg pump like I do my other body parts. Hell I dont even get a pump working calves.. Go figure.

sonnygll is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nofear
    Due to a knee problem, i did not work my legs much this past summer. I have been working them out again the past few weeks. Workouts are mainly squats, SL deadlifts, lunges and calf raises. For squats, I am doing light weights (no more than 225) due to the bad knee. The problem is that I am feeling nothing on the outside of my thigh. I am only getting an intense burn on the inside of my thigh (adductor). I checked my form with video and a personal trainer and all is well. I feel that I should be getting a burn on the outer thigh as well, but im getting nothing. Before my right knee problem, i felt that squats hit the outer thigh muscles very good and felt a good burn. Any thoughts on what the problem is or what adjustments i need to make?
    Your stance is too wide. Another possibility is a muscle imbalance where the quad is stronger/bigger then the ham pulling the knee outwards.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottish
    I try to squat heavy every time. For some reason I have never felt any type of leg pump like I do my other body parts. Hell I dont even get a pump working calves.. Go figure.
    lacking intensity

green22 is offline Senior Member
    I would say the knee is compensting. Its shifting some of the weight to the left leg even though it may not be visible. your body has an amazing way of compinsation. Get the opperation and rehab and good chance it will go away.

Thread Information