IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

the answer to why your arms are not as big as you think they should be!!!

99 percent of the time, guys who think their arms are't growing like they should be, are delusional. i would say their is a 99 percent chance your arms are perfectly in proportion to the rest of your body......you are not going to have 20-21 inch arms unless you are 3.5-4 pounds of muscle per inch and hard.

if you really are the 1 percent.....you are going to have to face the facts that your genetics will not allow you to have large arms......or you are overtraining/undereating

hope this helps

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    99 percent of the time, guys who think their arms are't growing like they should be, are delusional. i would say their is a 99 percent chance your arms are perfectly in proportion to the rest of your body......you are not going to have 20-21 inch arms unless you are 3.5-4 pounds of muscle per inch and hard.

if you really are the 1 percent.....you are going to have to face the facts that your genetics will not allow you to have large arms......or you are overtraining/undereating

hope this helps
    My arms are 21 inches but I am not too sure about the 4 lbs of muscle per square inch and hard...LOL

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLINGSHOT TRAINING GURU View Post
    My arms are 21 inches but I am not too sure about the 4 lbs of muscle per square inch and hard...LOL
    I gotta agree there by your math I should weigh 296lbs and be hard with 21" arms =P?

extreme, but point being, your arms are'nt going to look jacked if you are 160-185 pounds.....or 205 or whatever

and 21 inch arms contest, or off season? big difference

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm 271 right now about 14ish % BF my arms are just over 19's I was just commenting that via your math I should be 296lbs with like 9% BF when my arms are 21"?

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    extreme, but point being, your arms are'nt going to look jacked if you are 160-185 pounds.....or 205 or whatever
    What if you are my height :P

Quote Originally Posted by soulstealer View Post
    I'm 271 right now about 14ish % BF my arms are just over 19's I was just commenting that via your math I should be 296lbs with like 9% BF when my arms are 21"?
    not everyone has genetics for arms

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis View Post
    What if you are my height :P
    than you have genetics for arms or, becuase of your height, you are alot of pounds of muscle mass per inch

you guys, stop trying to deny the simple truth....

either you have the genetics for arms, or you dont.....all you can do is develop your body as a whole, and develop the larger muscles and see what happens

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    and 21 inch arms contest, or off season? big difference
    Off-season for me..

thats still really really huge........rumors used to be floating around, that even some of the iffbb pros were like 19 on stage..some as low as 18 on stage

sonnygll is offline Member
    Most guys lie about their arm size. It seems to me there was a whole website about bodybuilders lying about arms.

All I know is my arms look the same as people who claim to be a couple inches bigger.

that plus, actual shape can contribute an awful lot to how big they look.....

small bone structure, and your arm is going to look bigger than it actually is...

and tricep/bicp allignment......hold your arm up and flex...is the largest part of your bicep perfectly in line the the largest part of your tricep? if they are, you have what it takes to stretch the tape measure.......

My bone structure is larger. I don't have very good peaks at all, especially on the left. My biceps and triceps are close, but not completely lined up. I don't have the greatest genetics for sure. I have very large forearms too. So mine don't look bigger than they are. I think a lot of guys just stretch the truth.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    Arms grow in proportion to the rest of your body. Mother nature controls that point blank. Some guys look like they have bigger arms but that is due to such low bodyfat. The best thing you can do to make your arms grow is something SwoleCat preached and that was go heavy on legs, back & chest and they will grow in accordance to these three groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lifts-a-lot View Post
    Arms grow in proportion to the rest of your body. Mother nature controls that point blank. Some guys look like they have bigger arms but that is due to such low bodyfat. The best thing you can do to make your arms grow is something SwoleCat preached and that was go heavy on legs, back & chest and they will grow in accordance to these three groups.
    I agree. I do very little direct arm work. 90%+ of what I do is compound free weight exercises for chest, back and legs. I have noticed the bodyfat thing too. When ever I lose weight, I look like I got bigger.

There are some people that have bad arm genetics though. I know a guy that's 5'8" 225 and shredded. Everything looks good but his arms.

Thread Information