Nismo is offline Member

Everyone is a Personnal Trainner!!!

So I've been noticing this trend at the gym lately. There are guys who don't know jack sh!t about lifting techniques or form but yet they act like they know what they are saying. People telling others to do some boggus @ss workouts that I have never seen and actually look really painfull.

What pissed me off the most is when I'm working out and they come and tell me that I'm doing my workout wrong and try on give pointers. I'm now F@cken guru but I know that when I do military press behind the neck it hurts my shoulders so I do them front side. Well these people act as if they are high paid perssonal trainners. To top it off they are all fat!!!

Does anyone else feel my pain?

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    />
    noone has ever come up to me and corrected me on my lifts or suggested i do something different tho ...could be bc i i have my headfones on and look at anyone

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Id say about 90+% of everyone at my gym is retarded. I see these "self-invented" exercises all the time, lol. I never say a word to anyone otherwise Id never get anything done.

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Dude, People are such asses in the gym. I have my IPOD turned up load, I rarely speak with anyone in the gym.

One day this fat bitch came up to me while I was filling up my water bottle and told me "it's bad to drink cold water while working out." All I could do is walk away before I explained to her what the word DIET means.

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    i like to watch everyone do lat pulldowns what a joke!U see guys runnin big weight but swinginng thier whole bodies with it.If they did em strict they would be lucky to get half that weight but they know it all what a joke

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rana173 View Post
    Dude, People are such asses in the gym. I have my IPOD turned up load, I rarely speak with anyone in the gym.

One day this fat bitch came up to me while I was filling up my water bottle and told me "it's bad to drink cold water while working out." All I could do is walk away before I explained to her what the word DIET means.
    Well the fattie has some kinda point, it isn't bad but its just absorbed slower.... Regardless fatties shouldn't speak at the gym.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesis View Post
    Well the fattie has some kinda point, it isn't bad but its just absorbed slower.... Regardless fatties shouldn't speak at the gym.
    The water was not even cold, luke warm at best.
    Rule #1: If your fat shut the fvck up
    Rule #2: Don't talk to me unless you are a hot chick and you want to bang me

siddy101 is offline Associate Member
    amen rule 2

Baron is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismo View Post
    So I've been noticing this trend at the gym lately. There are guys who don't know jack sh!t about lifting techniques or form but yet they act like they know what they are saying. People telling others to do some boggus @ss workouts that I have never seen and actually look really painfull.

What pissed me off the most is when I'm working out and they come and tell me that I'm doing my workout wrong and try on give pointers. I'm now F@cken guru but I know that when I do military press behind the neck it hurts my shoulders so I do them front side. Well these people act as if they are high paid perssonal trainners. To top it off they are all fat!!!

Does anyone else feel my pain?
    omg agreed. i feel bad for the actual personal trainers. im certified, but this is exactly the reason im not gonna do the job, who the hell wants to talk over like 20 other people? I imagine id be yelling half the time "NO NO THE WAY TO DO IT....LIKE THIS!! THIS..LOOK!"

and yeah, rule number 2 is a gold.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by rana173 View Post

That's funny... seems like your body would burn more calories heating the water up to body temperature... maybe she should try it

And about people who think they're trainers - even some of the frickin trainers at my gym look like shit... who's going to take advice from them?

sonnygll is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969 View Post
    That's funny... seems like your body would burn more calories heating the water up to body temperature... maybe she should try it

And about people who think they're trainers - even some of the frickin trainers at my gym look like shit... who's going to take advice from them?
    Exactly right on both points. Not only that a lot of the trainers don't know a dumbbell from a dingleberry.

What I notice more than anything is people doing certain exercises wrong. Why is it that 90% of people can't do lateral raises for $h1t? What's up with all the halfway down squats? And most scary of all the round back deadlifts. Then there are the idiots, who look like they are trying to do an underhand clean when they curl...... Not to mention have you ever noticed the smaller a guy is, the more time he spends curling? All of the above makes me roll my eyes. It would probably be pretty mean to laugh, point and say "ooh, I saw that coming" when someone gets hurt. But that's what I feel like doing.

Nismo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnygll View Post

Then there are the idiots, who look like they are trying to do an underhand clean when they curl...... Not to mention have you ever noticed the smaller a guy is, the more time he spends curling? All of the above makes me roll my eyes. It would probably be pretty mean to laugh, point and say "ooh, I saw that coming" when someone gets hurt. But that's what I feel like doing.

HAHAHAHA I see that every day! I just wait for the day when they lose their step and fall back (I wouldnt wish that on anyone) but I wouldnt be surprised when I see it.

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    AHahahah rana I like those rules

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah I used to see this all the time.
    I didn't really care though and kept doing what I was doing.

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    i dont even notice any one else in the gym.....

Blog Entries
    i take that back.... when these two jay cutler looking women come in ... i cant help but stare..... beasts....

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pewntang View Post
    i take that back.... when these two jay cutler looking women come in ... i cant help but stare..... beasts....
    LMFAO

Blog Entries
    i dont even notice any one else in the gym.....
    Lair, you are always checking me out

Blog Entries
    thats because im wondering why you come to the gym and just talk and not work out ?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    I only notice one person in the gym....

me...
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Blog Entries
    thats because im wondering why you come to the gym and just talk and not work out ?
    Remember I am using the big boy weights and you are still on the little girl pink weights.

Blog Entries
    thats because im focusing my muscles and you sling them around franticly pretending to be strong...

Blog Entries
    thats because im focusing my muscles and you sling them around franticly pretending to be strong...
    Considering you wear spandex shirt and shorts with cowboy boots on to the gym, I am not too worried about you. You're the type of guy that brings Muscle and Fitness magazines to the gym so that you can learn how to lift.

Blog Entries
    close.... but all the guys look at you double d's

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    The personal training profession as we once knew it has turned into a salesman position.

I can vividly recall walking out of a job interview years ago when this fat gym owner told me that as one of his employees I'd be required to teach clients to eat 70% of their diet from carbs. He honeslty thought that was the right way to get lean.

He also suggested I only teach clients a little bit at a time so I could string them along for more money-obvious money for him!

I take pride in not being associated with that kind of non-sense.

green22 is offline Senior Member
    I think they are at every gym in America. They like to tell new trainers how to do things. They never say shit to me, just stare then copy me. ****ing loosers

sonnygll is offline Member
    That's cool, Slingshot, a lot of people don't have that kind of integrity. That's a good way to be. That's the way I am, if it's not 100% optimal, I'd refuse to do it.

That's funny you say that Green. I've seen people do that. Anytime I am the biggest guy at the gym (which isn't very often because of all the ridiculously huge guys there), I will see people copy me sometimes.

Now when I went on vacation in Flroida, I only ever saw 1 guy that was slightly bigger than me, another about the same, and a couple that were close. So frequently I was by far the biggest guy working out there. Then I noticed I had a fair amount of people watching me. But very little copying going on. That seems to be the norm though. You will generally see a lot of people watching the biggest guy in the room. I have to admit I do that sometimes. I'll see someone really huge, and just look over and think "wow, I wonder how much that fvck1ng beast is going to lift?".

Thread Information