Shawny is offline Junior Member

working out twice a day

hey guys, i've been working out for about 3 years now pretty hard. However i had a job over the summer and could only get in like 5 work outs a week...so i would do chest monday, back tuesday, arms wednesday, shoulders thursday, and legs on friday...but now that im done work i want to get back into to it hard and go twice a day but not over train myself...i was just wondering how i could work this out, i like to go first at around noon, than later on that night doing cardio when im done...anyway i could do this without overtraining?

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    i dont ever see a need to goto the gym twice a day unless the morning workout is cardio, and the evening is weights

would you say this is enough for say a chest work out....first i'll do bench press, than incline dumbell press, than i'll do incline dumbell fly's, than cables pulling upwards, than i'll just like some push-ups? this enough for a chest day?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawny View Post
    would you say this is enough for say a chest work out....first i'll do bench press, than incline dumbell press, than i'll do incline dumbell fly's, than cables pulling upwards, than i'll just like some push-ups? this enough for a chest day?
    stating which exercises you do, but not stating the number of sets and reps, really doesn't provide enough info to critique.

ok with each i'll be doing 4 sets...a warm up set being something where i can push out up to 15 reps, than my next set will be a lot more weight pushing out about 10-12 reps, the next set going up alittle more in weight pushing out 6-8 reps followed by one more of the same rep pushing out about 6 reps

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    FYI you grow when you're resting, not while you're working out.

sonnygll is offline Member
    You can go 2 days a week, 4 sessions about an hour each. Or you could do more with shorter sessions.

Thread Information