biodiversity is offline Associate Member

Broke my left upper arm

i broke my left upper arm i asked the doc how much time it take to heal he didnt gave me a clear response he said it depend on nutrition,rest,age etc...
    how much u think it will take to heal? and how much til i can return to lifting?
    i am 25 and i am currently on a very high protein and calcium diet.

dank1970 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by biodiversity View Post
    i broke my left upper arm i asked the doc how much time it take to heal he didnt gave me a clear response he said it depend on nutrition,rest,age etc...
    how much u think it will take to heal? and how much til i can return to lifting?
    i am 25 and i am currently on a very high protein and calcium diet.
    depending on the severity of the break, some are just going to take longer than others. 8 to 12 weeks is my guess. dont push it and do what the doc says. sorry to hear that bro. I am coming of a hernia surgery, could'nt lift any more than 20 lbs for 9 weeks. talk about a bummer. I am bouncing back though and glad I followed docs orders. losing gains sucks especially when your hands are tied. good luck

yea it sucks i know, but i really dont care about muscles loss , i can regain it back i just want to have a full functional arm again , i will follow the doc orders even if he tell to stay 6 months without lifting , muscles come and go thats why I wont risk my arm health for some muscles.

dank1970 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by biodiversity View Post
    yea it sucks i know, but i really dont care about muscles loss , i can regain it back i just want to have a full functional arm again , i will follow the doc orders even if he tell to stay 6 months without lifting , muscles come and go thats why I wont risk my arm health for some muscles.
    smart man. some dumbshits are so vein that they will ruin thier bodies for a few pounds of muscle. we all get old unless you die first, and we only get one body so I say you should probley take care of it if you dont want to walk around like a beat up gimp when your 80.I read a post from a guy who had some type of surgery and was so obsessed with packin on some mass that he said he was going to keep lifting no matter what his doc said. I wish I could remember who it was I would check for a thread from him. I bet he did more damage and regrets it now. oh well thats his problem. take care of that arm bro. eat good and try to work other body parts if you can, and if you cant you'll be back soon enough.as you know there are several ways to gain some muscle in a hurry.
    Last edited by dank1970; 11-03-2007 at 08:44 AM.

bigdog123 is offline Junior Member
    6-8 weeks take vitamin D with ur calcium tablets ( vit D helps the absorbtion up to 4x for the calcium)
    i busted my ankle in cast was out in 4 weeks ! walking 1 hour later, squating 3 days later

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    A few years ago i punched a concrete wall busted up my hand pretty good,they casted it up 3 weeks later on a wednesday and on thursday i had it off.Just could'nt wait like a dumbass i hit the gym, i tried everything to get it to heal i did more damage than good.Now my hand aches evry time i bench.word to the wise let it heal bro

Thanks guys, well yesterday my doc removed the big cast and put me in a small removable cast for another 2 to 3 weeks and when the cast was off I saw the effect of on of the biggest bodybuilder's nightmares the infamous MUSCLES ATROPHY my arm look half of its initial size hehe, I know I will regain it back again but the form was weird and funny its also pale and the little hair I had on my forarm is gone, got test?

Thread Information